Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hello Guitar Hacks Community!
My name is Adel and I am from Jordan, living in Saudi Arabia. I have been playing guitar for a while and got inspired to do so after listening to heavy metal. Metallica, Opeth, System of a Down, Buckethead, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc… played a huge part in my music journey but As I grew up and gained experience in playing my music style broadened so I try to play as many genres and styles as I can learn.

My gear is not much, I am playing a Maya strat. plugged through BOSS ME-80 pedal and Focusrite Scarlett. I have a cheap small amplifier for the time being. (hoping to get a proper amp soon)

Something that people may not know about me: I have a band called Fundamanics and our music is on Youtube and other music platforms.
I would love to learn more and grow as a musician to be able to speak my mind and reach people through the music I play.

4 Likes

Hey jaumeantu,

If they open up the clubs again, we can see a show. St. Vitus in Greenpoint had a few good ones as well as others.

1 Like

Sure thing! I haven’t been to a show at St. Vitus, but I heard very good things about it. Hopefully we’ll be back to normal soon and can see live bands again.

1 Like

Welcome to all the new members!
Cheers :beers: @tower1125, @arthurpolendo, @dennislomenzoc, @b3ey92 and @omery.trevino!

1 Like

Welcome Adel! Just checking out your stuff on YouTube right now – very atmospheric and chill. I’m digging it.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Ryan, I’m 18 years old, and have been playing guitar for about 6 years, I love death metal, thrash, heavy metal and indie rock/pop and mainstream pop music. My favourite guitar players are Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Steve Vai. My favourite gears are Fender guitars, Fractal Axe Fx3 and some old school pedals like Boss SD-1 and Tube Screamer, and Tube amps! I recently uploaded my first original song (Torrent - Ryan Liao) on YouTube and music streaming platforms like Spotify, Apple Music. Hope you can go check it out!

5 Likes

Great stuff, Ryan! Welcome to the community.

Hi there, I live in Devon UK. I am a long time guitarist and composer in a wide range of styles. I can imagine the music I make would be met with, WTF is that?! by most Kiko fans, lol. But I love all sorts of music and looking for a new challenge on the guitar, decided to learn how to shred like a beast.

3 Likes

Welcome Ryan! Your song sounds great! Feel free to open a thread in the show and tell section with links to all your channels, this way we can check it all out!

1 Like

Great song man!!
How do you like your Axe fx 3? I was invited to buy one after being on the wait list

2 Likes

edited after reading other members interesting introductions

Hi there,

Thank you for allowing me to join this group. I heard @kiko mention the community on his YouTube lesson so thought I’d join.
I’m a guitar newbie. I recently left the military after 27 years service and regret not getting an axe sooner.

I have been trying to learn / play for the last 6 or so months during the lockdown. Kicked the arse out of buying gear…:joy::love_you_gesture:

I try and play my Jackson Soloist, LTD Ec-1000, PRS acoustic and an amp that’s so loud I can’t play it in the house, I also have number of pedals too, my favourite being the Boss Metal Zone.

I enjoy different styles of music but rock is really where it’s at. Really enjoy trying to learn riffs by legends such as Megadeth, Metallica, Danzig, EVH, AC/DC to name but a few.

Looking forward to reading through posts, learning and sharing any tips I can with like minded individuals.

Keep safe all.

John

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum John!

1 Like

it sounds great and convenient for recording imo, bc you don’t have to mic up a cracked amp anymore. but honestly I would prefer to play thru a tube amp and pedals rather than modeller and monitor speakers since I’m an old school guy lol, and they feel very different as well

1 Like

I have a tube amp and yes the feel and response is great. The articulation and harmonics are touch sensitive. That was my main concern about the Fractal. Does it feel like a tube amp when you play it?
Unfortunately no stores up here have them to try out so its a risk. I did not feel the helix amp models had that real amp feel and response. I have heard the Fractal 3 reaches that domain though. Tough decision.
Thanks for the input, appreciate that

1 Like

Hey, Everyone,

I am Prashant Rijal. I love all kind of music. As long as I can sound interesting to myself any music, styles and technique doesn’t matter at least to me. but mostly I listen to progressive kind of music and thrash metal of course that’s how I came to know kiko one of the finest musician. My favorite guitar is Music Man by john Petrucci, which is very expensive for me. Hope one day I can afford one.lol. I have been playing for long time but still now the cannot compose anything. When I take any lesson feels like this is the one but even after practicing for long time never could compose something good. But I can play songs pretty well. I did cover glass gaw kiss by john petrucci up to half. The outro solo is still a little bit hard for me. songs like dread and fugitive mind, pull me under by dream theater are my favorite one to play when i grab my axe.Hope this lesson 7 factors makes my playing at least interesting to me.lol

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum Prashant!

1 Like

Welcome Prashant, thanks for sharing!

Hello Hello!

My name is Ryan Dizon from LA, California. I am a relatively new guitarist and I’m looking forward to learning from this program.

My absolute favorite genres of music are thrash metal, heavy metal, and some progressive metal here and there. Metal is by far my favorite music to play on guitar. When I’m not listening to metal I listen to older music, 80s rock, some modern rock, and I also really enjoy Frank Sinatra and music similar to him. My favorite guitarists are Kiko Loureiro, Marty Friedman, and Dave Murray.

I don’t have much gear, just a Glary’s beginner guitar, rocksmith as an amp, and the good old pick.

My ultimate goal is try and bring more popularity back into metal, as most people nowadays shy away from metal, “its loud”, “its just screaming”, “no point”. I want to be able to show people that there is an artistic passion behind metal. I will admit though, I was like that at a time, I also never listened to much music back then, it was only when a good friend of mine introduced me to Ghost, that was when I really got into music. Ghost was the gateway to Iron Maiden, then to Metallica, then finally my favorite band, Megadeth.

I hope we can get along, I look forward to learning with you all!

6 Likes

Welcome Ryan!
I saw Ghost as the back up band with Iron Maiden in Toronto. Excellent concert!!
Great taste in music, you’ll learn lots here. Especially Kiko’ s courses.

2 Likes

Hey, I`m Emil from Sofia, Bulgaria.

Im 24 years old and playing gutar in the last 13 or so. Ive had a few bands and did a few gigs.

I`m really curious on all regarding music and guitar (as long as it has some rock’n’roll vibe).

I got my technique on a more serious intermediate level and I thought that the course might give me a leap into the ‘advanced’ section. Which it seems it does, as expanding my knowledge regarding modes, forms, progressions and how different notes can interact and sound together - I feel a tad more like a pro now hahah :slight_smile:

Kiko is awesome and thats the type of player I really like - very versatile but having metal/rock as the centre of his guitar philosophy. And always keeping it cool : )

Anyways, glad to be in here and hopefully we all learn something new and helpful!

Cheers,
Emil

5 Likes