Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hi everybody, I’m Gonzalo from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I work as a guitar and bass sesionist and as a technician in a recording studio. My favorite music genre are jazz, prog metal and melodic rock. When I listened to Satriani for the first time, I knew this is what i want for my future. I have been playing for around 20 years now, my main goal right now is to focus on the details, sounding cleaner and perfecting some techniques that I feel I need to. My main influences are Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, of course Kiko, Paul Gilbert, Michael Romeo, naming a few. I met Kiko playing a gig in Peru a long ago, best day ever and my friend lend his amp to Raphael to use during the show. My fav guitar right now is the music man majesty monarch but I really love my fender ultra telecaster. I love mesa boogies, but working as a sesionist I had to start using the axe fx III and the helix, and I have to say that they are amazing. I don’t know what else to say, so hi and I’m very happy to be here.

2 Likes

Welcome to all the new members in the forum. This is really growing!!

2 Likes

Hi, my name in Doru I am from Romania and i just start playing guitar along with my 13 year old son. I am a total newb so far but every day i learn and practice so I am on the right track, I think. I like the site and the forum , thanks for accepting me, I have a lot to learn from you and happy to join this community.

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m new here. I’m an italian metalhead, I’, 46 and I play guitar since I was 15.
Now I will begin the 7 factor course to improve my improvvisation skills.
I have an Ibanez RG350DXZ, a Fender Amp anda a Boss G3n Multi Effect

See you here.
Bye

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m also on the QC vendor preorder list. Cannot wait!

1 Like

Hey, Everyone,

My name is Kyle. I played guitar religiously when I was from fifteen until about twenty-two. After a nearly 15 year break, I am back at it trying to get serious about my playing again.

Currently, I listen to a lot of modern guitarists, Plini, Intervals, Joshua De La Victoria, Olly Steele, Monuments, and others. But I am also really into modern jazz groups like Snarky Puppy, Mammal Hands, and GoGo Penguin as well. My favorite guitarists growing up were Jason Becker, Uli Jon Roth, and Gus G. In terms of bands, In Flames, At the Gates, Amon Amarth, and Death are some of my biggest influences.

I recently bought an Ibanez RG 7 String guitar that I am having a lot of fun with but my pride and joy is my Parker Classic Fly. I have a Mesa Dual Rectifier with a TC Electronic G Major in my rack. However, lately, I have been playing through Neural DSP plug-ins as I can get a lot of great tones without all the hassle and disturbing my neighbors!

Something you may not know about me is that I studied earthen architecture in India as part of my Masters Thesis.

Happy to be here!
Kyle

1 Like

Hello Everybody!!!
My name is Claudio and I live in Italy in a beatiful town on the northern shore of the mediterranean sea called Savona.
My favorite music is Heavy metal but specifically i Love and mostly listen to Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Slash, Helloween, Angra, Nightwish, Sabaton and Manowar.
As of my gear since i am a beginner home player at the moment i’ve got very basic staff, a Les Paul Copy form Harley Benton (sc550) that sound and play nice and a line 6 30w amp. I also have a jackson concert 4 streing bass guitar. So basic stuff but enough to have fun and learn.
I work both as massage therpist e Personal Trainner and i love motorbike!!! I have BMW gs 1200 that i use for trips all over europe and a Yamaha xt660 i use mainly for off road.
I like to engage myself in millions of different activity form hiking to scuba diving, from music to martial arts so as you can imagine i’m always a little bit like white rabbit…hurry up is late…
I’m Looking forward to join this community and of course practice all of kiko suggestions to become a better player.
Cheers everybody from italy (so imagine a lot of hands movements).
Claudio

3 Likes

Greeting from Chicago everybody!

Long story short I am a drummer turning into a guitarist. As a teenager I loved rock/thrash, then studied jazz in college (which completely kicked my ass). Post college I drummed in semi-successful original rock and jazz bands, and did a lot of cover-band type stuff. Now, firmly in my middle aged years, I just want to express myself through guitar.

I own two guitars, an acoustic Guild and a weird Telecaster that has a solid mahogany body, maple neck, and a humbucker in the bridge and single by the neck. I bought it b/c I loved how it felt and sounded, and seemed very versatile and well made. My amp is a souped up Blues Jr. and I love the Ego Compressor pedal and typically use an Angry Charlie for distortion.

I’ve had some basic guitar training and know some theory, and have developed a pretty good ear.

I love cooking BBQ - and do so about every week of the year - weather be damned!

2 Likes

Hi everybody!
I’m Florence from Luxembourg. I’m 42 and I’ve started to play classic guitar at 17 but I wanted to play the electric as well as I mostly listened to Hard Rock and Metal. So I got myself my first Stratocaster at 20 but somehow I did not manage to practice both at the same level. Because I was so used to play with my fingers I struggled a lot to play with a pick and the fact that I got overwhelmed with learning shapes on the neck which I did not really understand (unfortunately I did not know anything about intervals at the time) I finally quit after two years of frustration. I continued the classic guitar though for another ten years until I had children and then quit completely (which I really regret today) until six years ago when I decided to give it a final try.
I’ve heard about Kiko’s Guitar Hacks when I watched Coffee with Ola on Youtube and I enrolled the same day. I’m really happy to be part of this community. My favorite guitar players are Michael Romeo, John Petrucci, Phil Collen, Randy Rhoads, Alexi Laiho, Cris Oliva, Nuno Bettencourt to name just a few. As for guitars, I have a Castelluccia (classic guitar), a Fender Stratocaster, a Parker Fly Deluxe, an Ibanez Kiko200 and a Machine Head “Burn-my-eyes” guitar (from Dean Guitars) which I bought at their last concert in Luxembourg. I still have my old Hughes and Kettner Silver Edition amp and I use a RP360XP from Digitech for the time being.
Rock on and stay safe!

1 Like

Welcome in the community!

Hello everyone. This is Wat from Taiwan. I am an electronic engineer and I play guitar. I am in a band call Crescent Lament, which released a few albums by ourselves.
I am using PRS SE Torero as my main guitar. My current go-to distortion is via Diezel VH4 pedal. I can’t afford the amp, but a pedal is okay. I also play some classical guitar, which was actually where I started playing guitar.
I noticed the courses delivered by Kiko from the Facebook ad. Although I had learned modes from the old-time guitar lesson, I thought I have never know how to use them. That’s why I am interested in the course of modes. Daytime is busy, and evening is as well, so I can only take them slowly.

3 Likes

Welcome, nice to have you here

1 Like

Wellcome in the community Wat!! Kiko as a unique way i explaining thing i a clear and easy way, i m sure you will have the chance to improve under his guidance!
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Hello!

I m Frédéric 48 yrs old and I’m from south of France

I love metal music in general, jazz or classical. Recently I discovered kiko’s new album open source and i m listening it over and over.
I m playing with a john petrucci sgnature plugged on a mesa boogie dual rectifier.
I m really happy to be in this community and hope i will learn many things and improve my guitar technic :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello folks, I’m Rob and am new here…A little about myself…Born and raised in Staten Island NYC, been playing since I was 13 and am now 53, never took lessons, been in a few bands over the years and played all the clubs around the NY/NJ area since the early 80s…Put out an album in 1990 with my then band Savage Thrust…Opened for national acts like Anthrax, Manowar, Saxon, Biohazzard, Leeway, among many many others…Still dont consider myself a “musician” because I never learned theory even though I can play fairly decent…lol…So here I am just trying to expand my guitar horizons now that my kids are all grown, and I can try to pick up where I left off before life took me down another path…Glad to be here.

3 Likes

Hello guys!

I’m Boris and i’m from france, i am actually 22 y, i started playing guitar 1 and half a year ago, probably the best thing that happened to me, so i decided to fully invest my time into learning music early 2021 with a teacher to become a guitarist to be in a band or a guitar teacher.

I find every genre interisting, even thought i’m more into metal. My top 5 actually would be : Megadeth, Bleed from withing, Children of Bodom, Opeth and Metallica.

And here i find Kiko loureiro gives lessons, tips and trick to improve faster,better and stronger !

So happy to be alive in these time !

Edit: And my current gear is an ibanez RG, and using neural dsp Gojira’s amp for practice. I’m currently looking to buy a Jackson Pro Soloist, and dunno about the amp :s

4 Likes

Hey my name is Shoi. I am a French born, Indian origin, UK based professional guitarist and teacher. I am in couple of death metal bands De Profundis and Monument of Misanthropy, both have albums coming out this year. I obviously listen to a lot of death metal Death being my favourite band in the genre. I am huge fan of Angra since the early days. I was lucky to have seen them with Andre on the Holy Land tour.

My favourite pieces of gear are my new ESP/LTD M1000, my Kemper profiler and my UA Apollo Twin.

Kiko once stayed at my house back in 2008 as he had a masterclass booked at the ICMP. We had a lot fun talking music for hours!

6 Likes

Wow! That’s quite a story!

Welcome by the way…:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was luky enough to seethe angra with andre too!!! In milan for the fireworks tour!!! Nice story!!! Welcome!!!

1 Like

Hey thanks ! Looking forward to participate in this forum should be fun.

1 Like