Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to all the new members and thanks for sharing so much about yourselves!

Hello,

My name is Mateusz Krzyszpień and I am from Psary, Poland. My village is near to town Katowice.

I am in love with most genres of music that comes from electric guitar. I’m listing mostly to all subgenres of metal music, punk, rock. When I need a break or my inspiration goes stuck than I go for blues and jazz.

Currently I am using Jackson Pro KV King V guitar with Marshall DSL and TSL, both 100 Wat (for Megadeth!). I’m not using much of pedals apart of standard ones like wah-wah, chorus delay.

Something most of people do not know about me: My dream is to play and compose thrash metal as a band. It doesn’t have to be successful, could be only local scene. What matters is having own band and play for people.

I’m honoured to be a part of this community. Stay metal!

Mathew

3 Likes

Welcome to everyone I haven’t already welcomed! Which you all the most motivation, time and improvement possible! :muscle::metal::wink:

1 Like

welcome Mateusz, you’ll fit right in here !

1 Like

Finally someone with an excellent taste! :wink:

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Bruno, I am from Brazil, Sorocaba city.

I have guitar since I was 15, had tried several times to learn but something pull me apart. I love the instrument and all possible sounds it can make. I tried several teachers, found good ones but I never felt that I was getting better in achieving a speed playing that could match with the songs I wish to play, so them I got frustated and rest my guitar asside.

I also like eletronics, so I made a little amp for myself and some effect pedals, which sounded pretty good.

I like listen and play rock, heavy metal, blues, jazz styles, I am open mind on new styles too.

Just finished to watch to Kiko Greek Modes lessons and it reignited the spark on practice again, new ideas and a lot material to workout.

I don’t have too much time to practice, and when I do I lack the organization and it kind feels like I’m getting nowhere.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Abhi here from Bangalore India. Started learning the guitar pretty late in life but having a blast nevertheless :slight_smile:. Been playing for a little more than 4 years and looking forward to hanging out with all of you, and getting better at the instrument.

Genres I listen to - pretty much everything from rock, blue metal and progressive…anything with a nice melody and I’m ok :grin:.

My gear - very basic stuff …a lefty Ibanez Gio and a base model Orange amp, with a boss me 80 processor. Recently got the archetype Plini

I play for a band as a Rhythm guitarist…we catch up on weekends and generally play covers . Looking forward to learning from this course and all of you and hoping to become a half decent guitarist sometime down the line :grin:

1 Like

S’up guitar family! Luis Daniel here, Mexican-French, originally from Chihuahua city in Mexico. I’ve been living in France for quite some years now. 32 years old, started guitar at the age of 15. I remember starting learning by myself and with friends, then I took courses on classical guitar, it was very educational, helped me a lot with my technique, although I was missing the theory on how I could create my own music. I left classical guitar courses, to just keep on learning electrical guitar on my own, with friends and musicians around me. Got to learn very cool stuff, and also develop my ear a bit more but never really gotten to properly learn some theory that could widen my horizons into my playing.

So here I am. Eager and ready to learn. My thing is metal, rock music and experimental, but I’m also into (not that I can actually play) jazz, jazz fusion, jazz manouche, classical music (I can play a bit), blues (can also play some), and pretty much anything that is rich in good music and has not only fast and complicate stuff but that has feeling too.

My favorite band of all, Pink Floyd. I’ve been always a fan of Angra and Kiko’s badass playing, as it is for many other kickass bands and guitar players.

Looking forward to start my journey on the 7 factor course! Hoping to learn a lot, and sharing cool stuff with y’all my new guitar family.

Rock on!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Pheroze. I’ve been playing, composing, and performing for a long time, but I’d love to tighten up my theory and chops and connect with other like-minded musicians, which is why I’m here. I love a ton of different music styles - Rock, Motown, Classical Indian and other eastern scenes, Metal are the ones that come to mind right now. I was on Century Media Records in the early 00’s with my old deathcore band, Scar Culture, and have been playing and releasing music in other bands and on my own ever since.

My current gear: a custom Seger guitar, Dunable Yeti, Ibanez AZ, some other guitars I’ve modded completely. After years of lugging tube amps around, I’ve been playing through a Line 6 Helix and love it. I play it through a power amp and cabinet to get more of that traditional amp feel.

I’m a singer and, in addition to my own projects, sing in a Queen tribute band (pre-covid).

Thanks and I wish everyone fun and success in your musical journey!

2 Likes

Hey! My name is Jagoba Pérez, 28 years old, and I am from Barakaldo, Spain.

I love rock, blues and metal music in general, from heavy to death melodic. I really like scandinavian metal and rock japanese bands. I am currently playing in two bands: My Sweet Torment (Death Melodic) and Delion (Heavy Metal).

My current axes are a seven string Mayones Elite Duvell and a Ibanez RG1027. As for amps/pre-amps, I own an ENGL powerball and ENGL 530 preamp (for home playing). I have two 2x12 cabinets with Celestion V30, 4x12 cabinets are very heavy to move :P. I do not own many pedals, just keep it simple with a wah and I am planing to order a fractal fm3 once the pandemic is over for long-distance gigging.

A piece of trivia: I suffered an accident 8 years ago, where I lost part of my right hand sensitivity (still recovering). Since then, I keep fighting to reach as far as I can as guitarist :slight_smile:

Best!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
My name is Alan, l come from China. I have played the guitar for 9 years, I learned it all by myself and I want to learn it in a more systematic way. My style of playing is metal and rock, my favorite guitarists are Kiko Loureiro and Jeff Loomis! I want to be more like a pro, so I will do my best to follow Kiko’s routine and learn everything in this course. Hope you guys also doing great, thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Guys, my name is Tom and I currently live in Portland, OR but I’m from all over the US.

I recently graduated from Coastal Carolina University with a bachelor’s degree in classical guitar performance but it left a lot to be desired. I grew up on classic rock that morphed into heavy metal in my teens. I didn’t truly pick up a guitar to start playing until I was 25 years old, shortly after getting out of the military. A few years into a normie job working as a civilian, I was bored and picked up the instrument. I had no idea I would play classical fingerstyle at first and truly wanted to shred like Kiko from day 1. I followed through with my classical degree to have a deep understanding of music theory, but what I didn’t get out of it was the virtuosic skills to shred on electric.

My top 3 pieces of gear are:

1. Favorite guitar is my Stranberg Boden OS 6 with trem. It’s an absolutely life changing instrument. It’s featherweight even with all the extra hardware for the floyd-like trem, and it has such revolutionary contour and neck profile that I virtually never play my other guitars anymore unless I’m switching between tunings on the fly. I play mostly in standard so it isn’t a huge issue but it is a floating trem.
  2. & 3) My favorite amp (and pedals) is a weird one. I play through a headrush pedalboard and a flat response powered speaker almost exclusively now. Before that I was 100% about my Orange Rockerverb 100 and Krank 4x12 with eminence legend V12s, and an army of stomp boxes… but after retubing it a few times over the years and being really tired of lugging it around to jams and rehearsals my back thanked me for retiring it. The modern modeling pedals like the HR, Kemper, Fractal, and others are just outrageous. Times are changing and it just works better than the naysayers think.

It’s hard to say what people don’t know about me, assuming that “people” are people I know. You all don’t know anything at all about me, but I guess a weird trivial thing about me is I have a terrible memory bank of musicians in bands. I can’t tell you how many bands I absolutely love and worship but I couldn’t tell you more than a handful of the names of the individuals in the bands. I often feel really bad about this but it was never something I could hang onto in my weird scatter brain. My wife is like the IMDB database for every band, TV show, movie, and video game out there but I’m absolutely terrible with names. I can tell you that some stand out when I begin to follow them personally though, like Kiko of course, Jeff Loomis, John Petrucci, Keith Merrow, Ola Englund, etc. Some artists become solo celebrities and it’s really fun to follow them in their own antics outside of the big picture.

2 Likes

My name is Aurelio Lopez and I am at 69 of our earth years. I live in Lecanto, Florida. Moved from the cold winters of New Jersey to the warmer temperatures of Florida in 2016. I started to take music lessons when I was 16 and at 17 began to play in a band doing weekend gigs. When the group broke up 2 years later I found it quite tough to remain active and eventually stopped playing altogether. Then when COVID hit I found my way back to playing music. To be honest I thought it would be extremely hard getting back to doing what I loved but being there is so much content on YouTube it has a tendency to motivate. I now have a small collection of guitars so needless to say I am all dug in and determined to go beyond where I once was. I found GuitarHacks through another youtuber (Bernth) that mentioned Kiko in a video. I had no idea Kiko existed let along that he is a member of Megadeath one of my old time favorite groups. I watch Kiko’s Open Source release and instantly began to look for as much free stuff there was. As I kept finding more goodies I came to the conclusion to bite the bullet and join. Now I don’t have to spend so much time digging for source material and can dedicate much of it to learning. Besides, what other fun way is there but to be with a bunch of Hackers?

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Neka Dyrmishi and I’m a self taught guitar player. I’ve played for almost 20 years and never studied seriously to get to where I should have been after all this time. I like all guitar made music, mostly metal. I’m a big Pantera and Megadeth. Jackson and Ibanez feels good on my hands. I always wanted to study music theory on a fun way and hope this course will help me with that.

Best regards,
Neka

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m JP , I’m 50 years old and first starting playing when I was 16 years old. Later other hobbies turned me off on music and as a result I quit playing for years. I started all over but I hurt my fretting some years ago hand so I had to quit again .
Now, I have been playing for over a year and trying to get back my skills again.

I like all kind of music from blues to old school trash , but also new stuff like Gojira and Jinjer and my favorite guitar players are like Kiko , Jeff Loomis , Chris Broderick …

Gear I have : Schecter JL7 vapyr, some LTD guitars and a new Overload Guitars Raijin 6 multiscale. No amp at the moment , play thru Line 6 Helix LT and Computer.

J.P

1 Like

Hi everyone. I am Todd and I am a guitar addict! Musically I am a late bloomer. After watching George Lynch give a tutorial on YouTube (I was not much of Youtuber until then) and was inspired. Stuck at home like us all I made the leap at 50 to buy a guitar. I took a couple zoom lessons and that was enough to get me going. I then attended a Rock masterclass online with Frank Hannon of Tesla, one of my fav bands and that was so awesome. Then I attended a one with Kiko which led me here. The internet has brought artists and fans together in such a cool way I am grateful Kiko and others are so generous and encouraging to everyone.

I am having so much fun everyday learning and hearing music from a new perspective and discovering new music, old and new. It is so easy just listen to the same stuff over and over, picking up the guitar changes that for me. I’m a product of the 80s GNR, Metallica, Megadeth, Ratt Dokken, Crue just to name a few.

My guitar of choice is a LTD KH White Zombie but also added EVH Frankenstrat recently just because I had to have that iconic axe on my wall!

That way to much info so I’ll wrap it up and wish you all a safe and health 2021. May your riffs be loud and glorious!

Todd

2 Likes

Awesome, so many new members, welcome to the forum!

That is such a cool feeling! Last time I had that feeling was when @kiko deconstructed Sertão in one of the lives. I started to hear it so much differently and it has been a whole new song for me since then!

1 Like

Hail everyone! :sunglasses:

I’m luke from Rome (italy)
I am 37 years old and I like all kinds of music (as long as it is well composed) but above all rock and metal. Sametimes I also listen to jazz.

About my gears:
Guitar: fender strat, prs24 and fender telecaster
Ampli: Brunetti
Pedals… I hate pedals! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:(i use a multieffects rack by tc electronics)

In love with cats, dogs and harley davidson!

I am truly honored to be part of this amazing community: :heart_eyes:
And tnx Kiko for this opportunity :muscle:

3 Likes

Another cat lover… Good, GOOD! Our plan for world domination is finally coming to fruition! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes