Guitar Hacks Song join here

Hey, @nilsrocks, great my friend, this can lead us in many directions! With all these changes, our song is going to feel like a Dream Theater song :slight_smile:
Which makes sense since I believe you’re playing an Ibanez John Petrucci JPM100? https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/JPM100

1 Like

Hi all,

Sorry for the silly question: for the moment, we are at the composition moment, right?
After everybody has written their part, we will meet and put together all the ideas. Once done, we decide the tuning and general tempo and we record again.
Am I right?
Or we keep the pieces as original and try to arrange them?

Cheers,

Greg

1 Like

I’d say we have a meeting to discuss things, because we have to settle on structure, places of solo(s), vocal lines, transition between parts if needed, song structure etc. Wenmight even needs some more parts to stitch things together. @captkeep whaddya say Boss? :wink:

1 Like

Hello Folks!!!
So far my idea is to collect all the material from everybody then we can have a chat e and discuss the best structure for the song. For instance i can imagine a nice long intro of Giorgio and nexion composition alternating each other for a couple of time maybe with lyrics maybe with a lead guitar and so on for all the compositions of everybody.
Once we decided the structure of it, my idea is to put everything in a daw and see how it works and from there work on the fine tuning of the transitions.

As for drums my idea is to have all the pieces without battery so someone skilled with daw can asssume the role of drummer and put that in, also if we have a drummer friend willing to participate in the project we can have him join on this.

The same goes for the bass line, i have a bass to and i assume also someone else heve so we can add the bass line as well.

As for each guitar composition my idea to to keep them as close to the original as possible including key and tempo changes. On this suject one thing we have to consider is the tone, we all have different guitar, plugins, amps su maybe on that it will be convenient to record the final version with clean tone and add effects later in the mixing.

Of course this is just my idea and I’m very open to suggestion.

It will not be a quick and easy job but i’m really exited about it and i’m sure beside the song itself it will be something that in some way will bond all of us in a special way…

Cheers my friend

2 Likes

I think the idea is great but it sounds like a ton of work. The result might be exceptional though so I think it’s worth trying to do it that way.
By the way, I’m almost through with my part but I will record it tomorrow as I will have a day off. :grin: :love_you_gesture:
Cheers

4 Likes

exactly it’s going to be a lot of work but we have no deadline and above all we have the chanche to do something unique! can’t wait for your contribution!!!

1 Like

Yes, that’s mine. Bought it around '95 or '96. Fits me like a glove. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi every one ! I’m not very “active” unfortunately to this forum but I see there’re great ideas here you are awesome !! Can I contribute to this big song aswell if it’s not too late ? :smiley: I would really enjoy it !
I like to see you all playing congrats !
Have a nice day all of you

5 Likes

Hi Caroline! In fact I asked the members of this group about 10 days ago if we should close the access to this project but on that I received no answer​:joy::joy::joy:

Since we are still in the composition process i guess there is no problem at all for you to join.

What do you say guys???
Cheers

2 Likes

Of course, welcome to the song @CarolineVanRoos!

2 Likes

Welcome @CarolineVanRoos :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ow sorry if I didnt understood everything :rofl::see_no_evil:
Thank you ! :smiley:

Guys do you know bandcamp ? Its a great website where we can collaborate ondine together ! Not for that time, I see that you have already your idea about how doing that, but for another project together maybe !
Well, if everyone has already send the video I don’t want you to wait for me… :slight_smile:
But if it really doesnt matter, I can write something, can you tell me if there is an ordre already ? So I can make something that goes Well with the previous part ?
Hope youll understand my strange english ahah…

1 Like

Hi guys,
Here is my contribution to the song. The quality is not that good but I can record it from another device if necessary. I hope it will fit in somehow.

https://youtu.be/T-OFdq4PXC0

I will then pass the torch on to @david.gillgrass. :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:
Have fun! :laughing:
And welcome @CarolineVanRoos! You’ve been added to the list at the top and you will be nominated by someone when it’s your turn. :smiley:

1 Like

@florifeidt i tried to watch you video but it’s private, i guess you will have to change it to not listed​:metal::wink:

Thanks for the nomination. For some reason I can’t listen to your submission. I’ll get back with my own submission either tomorrow or Thursday.

1 Like

Hey,

I think the visibility settings on your vid are too strict and yutoob says that I need to log in and I can only watch it if you specifically allowed me to do so. You should either grant permission to each of us manually or set the vid to non-public where it is non-searchable on yutoob but viewable when using the link. :wink:

Edit: @captkeep beat me to it

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for this. It was quite late yesterday when I recorded and uploaded the whole thing that I did not tick the right box. :roll_eyes:
It should work now. (I hope it does) :sweat_smile:
https://youtu.be/T-OFdq4PXC0

3 Likes

Very nice @florifeidt!!! The first part of the riff it has a powerslave kind of texture that really like!!! At this point the recording quality is ok don’t worry, you contribution is very very nice i like it!!! And at each add i like the project more and more😂.
Now let’s wait for @david.gillgrass riff​:metal::metal::metal:
Let’s rock!!!

Okay guys here’s my contribution, its down half a step at around 120bpm. It’s much more of a classic rock 80s style than some of the stuff here, so that will make things interesting. I didn’t make a video but I have the audio here. I’m going to nominate the keeper of this crazy project @captkeep for the next part.

4 Likes