Guitar Hacks Song join here

Very groovy riff @david.gillgrass Good job!! :grinning: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I was headbanging in my office by listening it… my colleagues looked at me a bit strange :D:D
Really cool riffs!!!
:metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

@david.gillgrass amazing job!!! Very nice riff and really back in 80s​:metal::metal::metal:
Thanks a lot for nominating me but i have already done my part​:joy::joy::joy:
We are stll missing @justin.banke @GregS and @CarolineVanRoos so you can choose one of them.
Just 3 of us my friends!!!just 3 and then we can jump to the next phase and soon we will have a chat face to face!!! Really looking forward!!!

Whoops, my bad. In that case I nominate @GregS for the the next piece of the song.

1 Like

Thanks for the nomination. I will upload the audio maximum this weekend.
I will stay in E phrygian I think but maybe some surprise will come when I will noodle around :slight_smile:

Opened question here: do you consider Myxolidian as the Major relative of Phrygian?

Greg

2 Likes

I admit it i was waiting for someone reply to you question because I have no clue​:joy::joy::joy: but i can’t wait for you contribution @GregS​:metal::metal::metal::metal:

Now for everybody, to speed up the process of gluing all the contributions together, for those who haven’t done it yet, make a quick video of the fretting hand so we can quickly learn each other part and contribute further to the transition.:wink::metal:
No rush anyway.

I wish everyone a super weekend :metal::metal::metal::metal:
Cheers

Hello all,

Here are my ideas (the recording is not super clean so far - the B string was resonating too much :().
I was noodling around Em-FM-G-B for the beginning and E-B-C-D for the second part (the transition is really bad too).

I’m also adding a small chords progression with 7th. Don’t know if useful or not. up to you :slight_smile:

Feel free to comment, it’ the best way to improve. :slight_smile:

I give the torch to @justin.banke

Cheers,

Greg

2 Likes

Finally @kiko answered me on a Q/A session in IG (cannot imagine better answer ;-))
“I don’t see it that way. For the chords, yes, in term of functional harmony. But I wouldn’t use it as a mode substitution”.
I tried a bit here during the creativity part but nothing sounded right for my ears so I sticked to E phrygian :wink:

Greg

1 Like

Nice riff and nice chord progressions!!! Lots late 80s atmosphere in many compositions and here as well​:metal::metal::metal::metal: let’s wait for justin!!!

Guys do you need anything from me or is the vid and description enough?

1 Like

I’ll try to get my contribution in ASAP. We’ve got a 14 month old son who can, at times, cause a little bit of a delay in our plans, but I’ll have it in soon!!

1 Like

No need to rush justin​:metal::metal::metal:
@nexion218 fine by me paisano :joy::joy::joy::wink:

WOW… you guys have been hella busy while I wasn’t around SHEESH.

Where do I sign up?

As i replied to Caroline we are still in the making so yes you can join!!! Take a look at the tread so you can make yourself an idea of what is going on the wait for someone to nominate you and give you contribute :metal::metal::metal:
Wellcome in the club Kreeps!!!

Hello folks!!! Hope you are all good!!!
@justin.banke how is your composing going??? If you need more time for me is ok but i’m worried the project will get cold feet, let us know you progress man, and if you need any help let us know!!!
Cheers

Got a pretty good idea going. Just need to get it polished and recorded! Hopefully I’ll get it posted this weekend.

1 Like

Amazing!!! Can’t wait to listen to it!!!:metal::metal::metal::metal:

Here you go!

6 Likes

Cool! Some serious Deftones vibes there! You forgot to say who’s next! :wink:

1 Like

Ah yes, who’s left… looks like it’s Caroline’s turn!

2 Likes