Guitar Hacks Song join here

OK, here it is:

The tempo is 192 BPM. There are instances where I am pretty close to the click… :rofl:

(Dunno what’s up with the vid starting all grainy then clearing up, I am soooo immensely bad with these tech stuff that Idon’t even care anymore…)

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Here is my entry. I felt like there should be a quick riff out of @nexion218 final trill. I kept it in E Phrygian Dominant. The final run up is an opportunity to change modes/keys if you wish. I’m playing at 140 BPM. The beginning is straight 16th notes.

I think it’s time for our organizer @captkeep to take a stab at it!

-Miles

8 Likes

Fantastic @milesmcdonald5643!!! Amazing riff i really like that!!! I need a few days but i will put my part soon!!! Let’s rock :metal::metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

Rad! I like how it eases up after all that gain and diminished chords! Gives great contrast between the parts. Extra points for the Explorer. :wink:

1 Like

Fucking great!! Good job man!

1 Like

I think we should create list of who’s in the project, just to make sure none gets forgotten when passing the torch…err… I mean RIFF! :slight_smile: I wanted to make this a “sticky” right under the OP, but couldn’t find a way. @Giorgio could you help me? We could then edit the names to preformatted text (see below) when someone has already contributed/been given a chance.

– Updated, now the first post is a wiki post that can be edited as we go along,

3 Likes

Wow!! That rocks! :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: Awesome riff!

1 Like

Hello Folks!!!
So after the amazing riff of @milesmcdonald5643 (man it’s just amazing i keep listening to it), it’s quite hard to propose something at such a high level!!!

For my part i decided to go back to something easy, basic power chord and chords. I wanted to create the feeling and atmosphere of the solid rhythm metal of late 80’s early 90’s plus I wanted to have something giving the opportunity to sing on top of it.
Here is the video, i did everything in just a few minutes so din t even tune up the guitar but i guess as scratch will do.

After that i imported in protool the audio of what we have done so far and have to tell it rocks!!!
I don’t know why but listening to everything so far what comes to my mind is something like a struggle within the human soul…the mistery of @Giorgio opening, the aggressive “nails on the chalkboard” of @nexion218 riff , then a sort of resolution that open ups to something new again of @milesmcdonald5643 (this is the smartest riff i ever listen to) wow i like it and i see potentials in it!!!

Here i made a stupid video to have a youtube link to give you the idea of it. It’s just an idea and it’s visible only with the link. I will remove it in a few days.

Now sorry if i talked to much but i really got excited about what you have done so far and i m even more exited to what will come!!!

Now the carrier of the flame of the new era of ultraprogressive​:wink::rofl: music will be my friend @nilsrocks it’s up to you now to create a decide who will come after you!
Cheers guys

6 Likes

And you succeeded. Spot on!

Also I realized everybody added drums except for me, so I threw some random metal grooves from my EZ Drummer library under mine and graced @Giorgio’s intro with some “space”: I found a preset named “Ancient Ceremony” and “Disturbances”. I HAD to use those… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Oh, I see, I moved the list to the top and the post is now a wiki that can be edited,

2 Likes

So many great riffs here, thanks to all!
Now, do we still want to tab things out like in guitar pro or something?

1 Like

Thanks a lot my friend your audio with battery and more space for mysterio intro in much better.

@Giorgio i guess just a video of the fretting will be nice to have but more on the next step when we will arrange all the riffs to make them work as a song. Also i m thinking about bass line, i have a bass too and we can collaborate on that too.
Cheers :metal::sunglasses::metal:

1 Like

Ok, recorded mine and will upload it tomorrow! Sorry for the delay - no time left today!
As well in 140 bpm, E Phrygian, then switching to B Aeolian. Two guitars panned, drums and bass (low on volume). Hope that’s ok?

3 Likes

Here is my contribution to this cool project! Hope, it’s ok! I left room for solo’s, vocals or that kinda stuff!
It should connect nicely with War Wolf’s post.

I would like to pass the torch of creativity to @florifeidt ! :metal:

7 Likes

I’m glad you’re back. :slight_smile: Also, I’ve no idea how we’ll my riff in… :rofl:

1 Like

Amazing job Nils!!! You opened up for a whole new chapter there!!! Solid background for vocals, solo and other things we will eventually decide to add. I really love your add!!! I will put in the audio file your part too and update the video soon!

@nexion218 so far i feel your riff is just the perfect counterpoint to mysterio intro.

Once we have everybody part we can start to think about how to fit them in a song structure or bettrr we will have to build the structure around them and that sound fun, exciting and challenging too.

We will se how it s going but i think it will be nice to have a zoom chat all of us and brainstorm around the structure and how to proceed on doing it.

Can’t wait for Florence add!!!

Let’s go :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Alright. Well done Nils and thanks for the torch! I will do my best! :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@nilsrocks Are you tuned to D standard there?

1 Like

Yes! Sorry, thought I mentioned it, but that was only in the Yt video. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

No biggie, I just wanted to make sure. For study purposes (since all my guitars are in E or B standard) I shifted the open D power chord to the A5 position and added an A on the E string to retain some of the low end. Hope you don’t mind. :wink:

2 Likes