Guitar Hacks Practice Routine Tracker

I understand. No problem, I’ll keep a tab always open in the meantime :slight_smile:

Thanks again, it really is super useful!

1 Like

This is a great idea Giorgio I took a look and am going to use this. The congrats at the end was cool. As an idea I can hear at the beginning when starting fundamentals it saying “Hi! Kiko here! Lets practice!”. Optional sound… : )

Randy

1 Like

Another idea…If I am repeating something my apologies I have not seen all posts. Btw I have fair amount of development experience so if I could be of assist to provide more detail here just let me know.

A reporting option to track metronome use and progress would be good. Could create practice category like alternate picking for example and sub category like 2 note per string. Cache metronome speeds during this time. At end of fundamentals for example if metronome used then save to cache with category. Categories could be set before the hour starts…we should know by then right ? :slight_smile: At end of lesson send a service call to enter data to dB. The reporting could chart progress and show gaps in playing and affects from practice time. This could eliminate some steps from our practice efforts and provide some data to help us see more clearly how things are working for us…

Randy

1 Like

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Actually @randyjohnson777 I was thinking about making it open source so that others could collaborate on it. Is sound like you would be interested in helping out and maybe others too?

I like the idea of tracking usage/progress and saving metronome speed etc…

1 Like

Awesome! thanks for sharing @brunobailly7

I have a suggestion… Would it be possible to have different sounds that we could choose for the metronome? Or even a way to automatically change the sound every 5 minutes (that would be like Christmas in advance ! :grin:)… It’s just that I’m used to the classic “click” sound or wooden sound of the metronome.

1 Like

@Giorgio Absolutely! Would love to collaborate!

Collaborate on what?

1 Like

Hey @Arnaud-Godefroy I was referring to collaboration on adding some new features to the Practice Routine tracker.

2 Likes

Cool, let me setup a GitHub project and I’ll share it here!

2 Likes

OK, it’s done, in the spirit of opensource (the album), the code for the practice timer is open. It’s on github here: https://github.com/GiorgioRegni/GuitarHacksPracticeRoutineTracker

I did some quick cleanup but you will see that this wasn’t planned to be public on day one :blush:

It seems that the best way to get started will be a do a call with people who are interested in contributing , I know that @randyjohnson777 is in, anybody else?
We could schedule something for later this week,

1 Like

Anything that improves the life of the guitar hack community and students interests me, but I don’t master software creation …
is it possible to help anyway?

@Giorgio here’s my schedule for planning a time. I am in EST time zone (same as New York City).

5pm - 10pm est M-F. (Just need to know day or two in advance)
Sat - Sunday- best in mornings but can flex.

What works best for you? If these times are not good let me know what fits and I will look into.

Thinking our first meet we go over what is in github. And then determine some goals for next steps in design/features from there.

Randy

Awesome, 6PM this Friday would be great.
Yes, we will discuss what’s how GitHub and create some tickets and prioritize from there.

Sounds good @Giorgio. Do you use Zoom? I will get the meeting setup and send a link.

1 Like

Yes, Zoom works, perfect

1 Like

A quick update, I did some tests with an iPhone X but I got sounds when skipping phases but no sound for the metronome itself. Reproducing is the path to fixing so I am hopeful I’ll have this corrected quickly !

3 Likes

I am sharing this thread from @randyjohnson777 here, if anybody has suggestions for the tracker roadmap, please share there: Community Data Needs - Practice Routine Tracker

Oops sorry didn’t see your message ! I use it on google chrome with my tablet, I always use it it’s great ! I’ve made a link in my desk for it, so it’s OK, but I can’t find it in the website, is it normal ?