Guitar Hacks Practice Routine Tracker

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Actually @randyjohnson777 I was thinking about making it open source so that others could collaborate on it. Is sound like you would be interested in helping out and maybe others too?

I like the idea of tracking usage/progress and saving metronome speed etc…

1 Like

Awesome! thanks for sharing @brunobailly7

I have a suggestion… Would it be possible to have different sounds that we could choose for the metronome? Or even a way to automatically change the sound every 5 minutes (that would be like Christmas in advance ! :grin:)… It’s just that I’m used to the classic “click” sound or wooden sound of the metronome.

1 Like

@Giorgio Absolutely! Would love to collaborate!

Collaborate on what?

1 Like

Hey @Arnaud-Godefroy I was referring to collaboration on adding some new features to the Practice Routine tracker.

2 Likes

Cool, let me setup a GitHub project and I’ll share it here!

2 Likes

OK, it’s done, in the spirit of opensource (the album), the code for the practice timer is open. It’s on github here: https://github.com/GiorgioRegni/GuitarHacksPracticeRoutineTracker

I did some quick cleanup but you will see that this wasn’t planned to be public on day one :blush:

It seems that the best way to get started will be a do a call with people who are interested in contributing , I know that @randyjohnson777 is in, anybody else?
We could schedule something for later this week,

1 Like

Anything that improves the life of the guitar hack community and students interests me, but I don’t master software creation …
is it possible to help anyway?

@Giorgio here’s my schedule for planning a time. I am in EST time zone (same as New York City).

5pm - 10pm est M-F. (Just need to know day or two in advance)
Sat - Sunday- best in mornings but can flex.

What works best for you? If these times are not good let me know what fits and I will look into.

Thinking our first meet we go over what is in github. And then determine some goals for next steps in design/features from there.

Randy

Awesome, 6PM this Friday would be great.
Yes, we will discuss what’s how GitHub and create some tickets and prioritize from there.

Sounds good @Giorgio. Do you use Zoom? I will get the meeting setup and send a link.

1 Like

Yes, Zoom works, perfect

1 Like

A quick update, I did some tests with an iPhone X but I got sounds when skipping phases but no sound for the metronome itself. Reproducing is the path to fixing so I am hopeful I’ll have this corrected quickly !

3 Likes

I am sharing this thread from @randyjohnson777 here, if anybody has suggestions for the tracker roadmap, please share there: Community Data Needs - Practice Routine Tracker

Oops sorry didn’t see your message ! I use it on google chrome with my tablet, I always use it it’s great ! I’ve made a link in my desk for it, so it’s OK, but I can’t find it in the website, is it normal ?