Collaborative video

Thanks @nilsrocks, I uploaded your contribution to the same dropbox folder so Miles has them all!

2 Likes

Hi @GregS When I dropped your video into the timeline it sounds like you’re playing to a much faster version of the backing track so it doesn’t line up. It could have been an export issue, let me know if you can see anything on your end. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @milesmcdonald5643

Was it not 180BPM? :rofl::rofl:

More seriously, I will check tomorrow and resend you the files if everything seems good on my side.

Cheers

Ps: thanks for your job!!!

Greg

1 Like

I think @milesmcdonald5643 is right, sounds like a samplerate issue on export indeed.

Hi Miles, Hi all

I’ve just sent you another link to the new exported files, hope it’s good now.

By the way, I’ve just recognised that I have made the video with that accelerated version… I don’t even understand how I did it now… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So if the files are ok, I will reshot the video too.

Cheers

Greg

Hey guys!

This is my take, thanks again for the opportunity to join in! It was a bit rushed so apologies for that :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rC2SJ28B_C7KSAhUA9BNjZKhinF4TRFt?usp=sharing

6 Likes

@milesmcdonald5643 Thanks for putting this together bud! Let me know if you need anything else from me (In the Google Drive link above you should have the audio and video).

Cheers!

Hi Greg. It fits now! If you could record the video with your phone landscape it will make it a bit easier for me. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem! Just dragged you into the timeline and you’re all set!

2 Likes

I almost finished my solo. I film and record myself tomorrow or Tuesday. Will it be okay?
not obvious with the tempo fast enough :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Arnaud, it should be fine, I am kind of in the same boat. Did a few takes but not really happy about it, need to clean up a bit for the final take :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:metal::metal: indeed my friend!

1 Like

Nice job man.

Funny to mention that you climbing at the end is pretty similar to “mine” :metal: :metal:

What was your inspiration? Mine was clearly Vital sign

Cheers

Greg

1 Like

Hi @milesmcdonald5643

Cool!!
I do my best to record the video again this week

I will use landscape this time… newbie here sorry… :rofl: :rofl:

Greg

1 Like

Ahhhhh cool !! Tempo too fast for me lol

Thanks Bud!

Well that is a part of the original piece, if you’d listen to “Grey Stone Gateway” at about 55 seconds in Kiko plays this exact motif, and it so happened that the ending of the loop in the backing track were the chords that accompany that motif, so in order to serve the backing track rather than go against it (like I did the 1st time with my Phrygian dominant noodle in the middle and to make it kinda come back “home”) I “had” to play that motif to accompany the chord progression :slight_smile: which I think you had the same idea.

Great minds think alike, aha!

2 Likes

I’ve tried to not listen too much to the original piece to not be too much influenced… seems it was not working so much :rofl: :rofl:

PS: too much of too much is too much… (sorry it’s only 6h26 in the morning here… :sleeping:

Greg

1 Like

Djentlemen,

As we wait for the last couple videos to come through, I’d like to include everyone’s name on screen while they are playing. Here’s a list of the following names I’ve taken from your profiles.

András Szántó @nexion218
Shoi Sen @Shoi
Claudio Garombo @captkeep
Nils Patrick @nilsrocks
Gregory Saussez @GregS
Ahmad Al-issa @Kreeps
Arnaud-Godefroy @Arnaud-Godefroy
Giorgio Regni @Giorgio
Rasto Toman @rastotoman1

If your name looks good, give this message a heart. If not, reply with what you would like! Thanks.

@brunobailly7 let me know if you plan on sending in a video.

7 Likes

It looks like we’ll have an entry from @rastotoman1 too by the end of the week, save a spot for him! :wink:

Ah got it, I’ll add him to the list.