Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hey Randy, welcome! I remember those days… we had two bands living in one house. Music and video games haha.

2 Likes

Welcome Randy, pretty cool seeing a fellow Ohio dweller here!

1 Like

Welcome Ranjit! Good luck with your technique, you’re in the right place!

1 Like

Welcome Randy!
You’ll like it in here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for sharing this. I’ve bought that awesome guitar last year as well because I wanted to have it the minute I saw it. I love the design and the sound of it! Hope you enjoy playing as I do!!

3 Likes

Hi!!!

My name is Felipe Martínez from Santiago of Chile!!! since time ago I’m studying through Guitar Evolution and this experience has been amazing!! I was decided to begin guitar hacks to learn to focus my practice and progress!!!

I have an Ibanez prestige guitar S6570SK sunset burs, with an amplification system Line 6 Spider V240 MKII. And I’m learning to use the Cubase to record my personal licks and progress. I admire the feeling of Kiko in his interpretations and songs!!! And the masterful sound that him get from his ibanez guitars!!!

Now I’m listening to much brutal and technical death metal, band like Spawn of Possession, Alter beast, A Loathing Requiem and others. Also, I admire the style of guitarist Jeff Loomis!!!

I wait in this time to begin to upload my personal progress videos and compositions!!!

Thanks all !!!
Felipe

4 Likes

Welcome Filipe
I have a Line 6 Spider V120. Not bad tones and I like the I/O features which makes it very versatile for connecting to my PC and soon to come IMac 27. I use Studio One for the same reasons. Great way to record and check the progress curve.

3 Likes

Hello there!!! :smiley:
My name is Santiago, I’m from Mexico
About myself… I love metal and rock, bossa nova, jazz and gypsy jazz, samba, bolero, ballads and classical I also play piano
I love guitars such as the Kiko signature, Gibson and Jackson
I love to draw, to read. I’m a but to study medicine and also I like to discover historical facts :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Hi guitar hackers! My name is William Teizen, Brazilian living in Melbourne, Australia.

I used to play guitar as a kid, even had a rock band, but stopped for a few years and I’ve recently bought my guitars to get back to playing.

My go to music is heavy metal and different variations of metal. I also enjoy classical music.

Looking forward to learning with you all!

Guitars below:

5 Likes

Greetings everyone i’m Bob from England 59 years old just started playing so probably well out of my depth, bought a Epiphone Les Paul and Ibanez RG guitars and a little 10w Blackstar but been a dad and g’dad time is limited but i try to pick up my guitar when i can…love 70’s classic rock and the early 80’s metal scene, wishing everyone good health and happiness in these troubled times, take care, stay safe and Rock On.

7 Likes

Hello there,

I’m Saurabh Agrawal from India. Been a long time heavy/thrash metal fan. My current gear is a Cort EVL K4, Les Paul Studio T and a Boss ME80 plugged into a set of speakers.
I’ve been part of hard rock/metal bands on and off.

I believe that I’d attain guitar nirvana the day i can play Paul Gilbert - technical difficulties note for note (fingers crossed).
Something people don’t know about me is that I’m a closet Grunge/hair metal fan. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I’m truly looking forward to getting started on this journey of learning and hanging out with all you folks.

Stay safe.

5 Likes

Hi,

I’m Tomasz from France. Playing guitar since 20 years, but those 20 years are filled more with “away from guitar” periods that the real practice.

Playing mostly metal and interested in intelligent shredding, I’m looking here for better background for the musical theory and real practice basis.

I have currently 4 guitars; Ibanez DX450 DX from 1996, Ibanez rgr752ahbf Prestige, Schecter Jeff Loomis, and LTD Andy James.

See you in other sections of the forum

5 Likes

Hi guys, I’m Marko (34) from Serbia. I used to play guitar in a death metal band which disbanded 7 years ago which coincided with me getting a job I was really passionate about, so I pretty much stopped playing at all until recently. Huge fan of Kiko and Angra since around 2000.

6 Likes

Hi all.

I am Jose Ocando, a Venezuelan-Canadian based in Toronto. I am a musician, producer and audio engineer. I also work with the Canadian PRO SOCAN.

I own and use Jackson, Fender & Taylor guitars. I also play bass (Sterling Music Man). I love pretty much all music styles (minus any horrendous “modern” music?). My main music thing is hard rock, progressive rock, jazz, latin & classical music.

I have toured and released albums and singles that are available in every music platform. I had the pleasure a couple of years ago of meeting Kiko and spend some time with him here in Toronto and he decided to call me “My bossanova friend” for the rest of the event, probably he remembers that as we were discussing Brazilian music and musicians and I also asked him about playing jazz and bossanova during his performance. He was really cool!

Looking forward to talk music with you all guys.

6 Likes

Hello everyone
I am really glad to join this great course.

1. My favorite music and style
    Prog metal, thrash metal, metal core, melodic black metal, pop, and alternative rock, and the 80’s in general.

2. My favorite guitar is Ibanez & Musicman
    I got Boss GT-100
    And Fender Amp

3. I love foooood lol, european soccer, movies and nintendo switch :grin:

6 Likes

Hello from Greece.
This is Panos.
Born in 1982.
Dad bought me a guitar in 1990 and I’m enjoying it ever since.
Having your own family though can be a challenge for your relationship with the guitar, and I am struggling to find time to properly practice and fall in love with it again.

I love all kinds of music but have a soft spot for hard rock/metal.
Favorite technique…not sure really, I mean all can be really good if used properly.

My current fav guitar is my '89 BC Rich Gunslinger Fish Market Graffiti.
I do have though a polka dot Kramer to keep the slinger company.
If I had the money, I guess my fav gear would be an Axe FX or a Kemper.

Sth people don’t know about me is that I only recently “discovered” Kiko and this guy is an amazing player and I really hope he will put me on the right path with my guitar playing :slight_smile:

Cheers!

6 Likes

welcome Randy / we are almost neighbors since I hail from Columbus !! way way back in the day my band used to play Annie’s and another rock club north east cincy ! / I have been watching Joe Burrow
hope the rest of the team steps up / Bearcats - been cheering for them too !

4 Likes

Jose,
My home town!!, lots going on in Toronto!!

3 Likes

Welcome to all the new members! It’s awesome to have so many players here. Looking forward to seeing some videos in the show ant tell category :slight_smile: #show-and-tell

3 Likes

Yeah there’s even a lick of the week club going… Just sayin’… :wink:

2 Likes