Guitar Hacks user lick of the week #1

Hey, so here is one I came up with to get this started. The idea is if you want to participate, learn the lick and post a video of you playing it. Bonus points for adding a musical context to it or add some variation on it or what. The idea is just to get some new ideas. I will post my video in the next few days.

Also, sorry if my lick is super lame, I am hoping you all have some cooler ones I can steal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool lick! If you don’ mind, I recycled your first bar and added a different second bar. No video yet - I have to practise them first, but the fact that your idea prompted me to add my own idea and it actually sounds OK to my ears got me so excited that I wanted to post right away!

Guitar Hacks user lick of the week #1.gpx (23.2 KB)

1 Like

Dude, nice! Yes, expanding on the ideas I think is probably the most interesting part of this experiment! I’ll have to check the gp file when I am back at my computer.

Here is mine! Anyone know an easy way to sync up audio recorded in a DAW to an iphone video without jumping through a ton of hoops and money using stuff like adobe and vocalign for a 7 second clip?

2 Likes

I use this one:

https://www.openshot.org/

1 Like

Thus far my very own part of the lick is giving me fits at full speed… :blush: Also extremely tired to concentrate, I could barely squeeze out my daily practice. Weekly challange lasts from Mo-Sun, right?

1 Like

I think we are the only two participating, so I think we can take as much time as we want with the cycle :rofl:

1 Like

Though its not a competition, but finally I get to be in the top three of something guitar related… :joy:

2 Likes

Here we go man, your turn! :wink: :metal: :guitar:

(This time around I ditched the audio recorded by the phone and used a track I recorded simultaneously with the video. Did my best to get the two tracks in sync, you be the judge. I initially left the phone audio there as a “room mic” and proof of playing, but it just added a disturbing string noise. The phone was closer to the guitar than the speaker and picked up more from the noise than the actual lick.)

3 Likes

That’s awesome, I am recording mine

So fist I made 2 backing tracks, one at 120BPM, and one at 160 BPM.

120 BPM:

160 BPM:

2 Likes

going all out!! I love that spooky synth patch

Hehe, here’s my video, this is my first time using Ableton Live video feature, it’s actually much easier that I expected it to be :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK, let’s try this one for the coming week or so. I came up with this last December related to some not-so-happy things happening and never really learned it. Here’s the tab:

Sisters.gpx (18.2 KB)

EDIT: This has been moved to a separate thread:

You should start a new thread with this so we can hopefully get more people to jump on!

1 Like