Guitar Hacks user lick of the week #2

OK, let’s try this one for the coming week or so. I came up with this last December related to some not-so-happy things happening and never really learned it. Here’s the tab:

Sisters.gpx (18.2 KB)

2 Likes

How did you get both guitar parts on the same page in guitar pro?!

Ugh… I’ve absolutely no idea! :rofl: But it’s quite obviously doable…

1 Like

Great, can you post a screenshot of the tab for those who don’t have Guitar pro @nexion218?

1 Like

As an alternative to Guitar Pro, you can download and use TuxGuitar for free! :slight_smile: It opens and plays Guitar Pro files without issue.

1 Like

Sure thing, just gimme a few hours, I’ve just picked up work… :face_vomiting:

1 Like

This is a cool little riff. I often don’t have time to do the whole video process, but I am checking these riff’s out and playing through them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we can live with low production value! Just pop up your phone into selfie video mode!

Here you go:

1 Like

Hit F3! It toggles the view mode.

1 Like

life changing tip right here

2 Likes

Awesome!
Now time to work on this lick,

So @nexion218 did you record the lick? I’d like to hear the original :slight_smile:

Not yet, sorry @Giorgio… You’ll have to wait until tomorrow! :wink:

I might be late on this one, it’s hard for me lol

1 Like

Here you go Lads!

I had to leave in the warmup take, because I was dumb enough to hold the last note too long and not leave room for cropping… :rofl:

The video is also a good demonstration of what the EverTune does: look at that extreme sloppiness on the second-to-last C note as I’m pulling it sharp in the second take… :rofl: That pinky is especially cringeworthy… :smiley: And it’s not the only one… Wasn’t on purpose though, I only noticed it when checking the uploaded video.

P.S.: Please excuse me for two minor cheats: no vid of the rhythm part and I strayed away from the tab by not strumming but rather arpeggiating it. :blush: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No worries, take your time, I know that you ditched the strings for the keys… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Since it’s your thread and idea, you can decide to include the piano in the game! :wink: :slight_smile:

Thanks @nexion218!
It gives me a nice idea of the “feel” of the part, I was picturing an entirely different backing track and energy!

Take it away then, Mr. @Giorgio! :joy:

Although it has that - as @kiko put it - “American sadness” to it with that Major run, to me it is sadder than sad. If it helps, “Sisters” refer to my Mom and her sister. Both gone at 63, both lost to lung cancer. Ever since my Mother died I wanted to put together something related to her and when I got the call about her sister this came out and I decided to put it in the box where I collected the ideas for my Mom and re-labeled the box. And it turns kinda minor at the end anyways.:rofl:

2 Likes

I struggle with the timing on this, here it is though!

4 Likes