Guitar Hacks Practice Routine Tracker

Wow, this is very useful for me, thank you so much!
I was practicing with the timer today but the sound of the metronome was too loud, is it possible to add a volume control?

1 Like

Thanks @alain, yes that’s something that can be added for sure, I will work on that.

1 Like

Awesome, I’ll stay tuned for the update.

1 Like

Wow thats great ! I’m now on holiday, I can go back to the courses :hugs::hugs:, and that will be a good tool, thank you giorgio, it works perfectly !

2 Likes

Awesome @CarolineVanRoos, can you tell me what device and web browser who used it with? This way I will update the list of tested configuration.

A post was split to a new topic: Download videos for offline use

Hello Giorgio, very good idea. Should be very useful, especially the Pomodoro segment. :sleeping: :rofl:

I’m running Windows 10 v.2004 and I use the new Chromium based Edge browser but I mostly use Firefox. (edited to add: Also worked on Android Samsung Galaxy Note9 using Firefox) It works well on both. One thing that took me a while to figure out was that clicking the stop or pause button doesn’t stop the metronome sound but it DID stop or pause the display timer. I finally figured out (duh) that clicking the RED metronome turns the sound off. Is this by design?

Timer works but I cannot hear the metronome on my iPhone 8.

Thanks @no3rdseat. Yes, the behavior is more an artifact of how it’s coded but I see how this is not what the user would expect. I could update it so that hitting pause or stop also pauses the metronome which indeed makes more sense to me now.

1 Like

Ah, interesting, thanks for reporting this @fabianarellano31, I am going to put my hands on an iphone 8 (I think my neighbor has one :)) and see what’s happening there.

2 Likes

Also no metronome sound on iphone Xs max running iOS 13.6.1

1 Like

The tracker is extremely convenient, thanks for developing this @Giorgio !

A minor suggestion: perhaps it would make sense if the “pause” icon changed to “play” once the tracking is paused. But that’s not really an issue :slight_smile:

Is there a link to the tracker somewhere in the main GH menu?

1 Like

Hi @zvekan, thanks for the suggestion on the pause/play buttons.
Before I link to the main site, I need to fix the issue with iOS and sound not always working. Hopefully soon.

1 Like

I understand. No problem, I’ll keep a tab always open in the meantime :slight_smile:

Thanks again, it really is super useful!

1 Like

This is a great idea Giorgio I took a look and am going to use this. The congrats at the end was cool. As an idea I can hear at the beginning when starting fundamentals it saying “Hi! Kiko here! Lets practice!”. Optional sound… : )

Randy

1 Like

Another idea…If I am repeating something my apologies I have not seen all posts. Btw I have fair amount of development experience so if I could be of assist to provide more detail here just let me know.

A reporting option to track metronome use and progress would be good. Could create practice category like alternate picking for example and sub category like 2 note per string. Cache metronome speeds during this time. At end of fundamentals for example if metronome used then save to cache with category. Categories could be set before the hour starts…we should know by then right ? :slight_smile: At end of lesson send a service call to enter data to dB. The reporting could chart progress and show gaps in playing and affects from practice time. This could eliminate some steps from our practice efforts and provide some data to help us see more clearly how things are working for us…

Randy

1 Like

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Actually @randyjohnson777 I was thinking about making it open source so that others could collaborate on it. Is sound like you would be interested in helping out and maybe others too?

I like the idea of tracking usage/progress and saving metronome speed etc…

1 Like

Awesome! thanks for sharing @brunobailly7

I have a suggestion… Would it be possible to have different sounds that we could choose for the metronome? Or even a way to automatically change the sound every 5 minutes (that would be like Christmas in advance ! :grin:)… It’s just that I’m used to the classic “click” sound or wooden sound of the metronome.

1 Like