Collaborative video

aww thank you!!! Can’t wait to see the entire collab should be awesome.

1 Like

Hey Giorgio sent you everything through wetransfer. Hope that’s ok. Shoi

1 Like

I do it this week end ou next week. It’s my dead line. It’s good ?

I’m back on the forum. It’s complicated to explain but I had a lot of different problems to sort out in the past month (including this guitar repairment process). I’m currently in between tests to know if I have Covid-19 or not (one of my colleagues was tested positive this weekend and I was eating in front of him last Friday :unamused:).
I’ve been training with a mini Squier which I usely use for traveling but, a part from my classical it’s the only thing I can use to practice (and I’ve mainly been practicing THIS solo).
My flat is a mess right now and the new Webcam I bought only seems to functions with Skype. The other Webcam has a very low quality picture. But… I can still use my smartphone? So I’ll try with that.
There’s a part in the middle of the solo that I play between the 14th and 19th fret… I’m still struggling with it when I play it at the speed of the backing track but… I’ll try to simplify things up and see how it sounds…
Edit :… IF I haven’t past the deadline! :roll_eyes: (is it still possible? If not… I don’t mind posting it on a separate video or whatever…)

2 Likes

Haven’t heard of @Giorgio for a couple of days now, but fine by me. @Arnaud-Godefroy (the OG father of this whole thing!) and @nilsrocks are working on the submission too, so you didn’t miss anything. I guess…:rofl:

2 Likes

:smiley: I managed to use the spare time I had today to record what I could … It’s not the video but I was so proud of the result that I thought I’d share it. I repeated the solo about 12 or 13 times (Usually after 5 or 6 solos in row and each time reajusting things… Like titening the strap for example :grin:) but most of them were to sloppy and full of mistakes so I had to choose between 4 solos that sounded equally “good” (with mistakes at different places for each solo) so I mixed all of them together… But I noticed some were actually worse than others (:sweat_smile: funny thing is the least worst of them was the first take… Well the 1st COMPLETE take :grin:).
Anyway… There it is, still has sloppy moments but it’s less crappy than I thought !
279302 Gray stone getaway solo (4 solos mixed with hierarchy_from least worst to worst)|audio

3 Likes

Hey @brunobailly7, I am hope you’re doing well! Thanks for submitting, we’ll try to get it through

1 Like

Quick update from everyone, thanks for all who sent their videos in, I will recap to make sure I did not miss anybody. We won’t be able to accept more videos at this point since we need to get these assembled together!
The video editor has looked has a few of the videos but I have not heard his feedback yet so stay tuned if he needs anything.

3 Likes

Thanks @Giorgio you should have everything from me i asked confirmation when i send it but eiyher you fid not receve it or you where busy, i will wait for your recap so we know you got everything!!!
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Hey Giorgio did you receive mine? I emailed it to you with a WeTransfer link.

Oh, I just did a search for wetransfer and found your link but now it has expired… Can you send it again?

I got it, the dropbox link worked.
I think I received videos from every possible download tool on the internet, I am scrubbing the inbox to do the recap shortly,

2 Likes

You are a star :metal::metal::metal: thanks Giorgio :pray::pray::pray:

Hey Giorgio

here;s my wetransfer link, hope it works:

Shoi

1 Like

Awesome, thanks @shoi, got it!

Brilliant! Can’t wait to see the results

Aw man can’t believe I missed this, but can’t wait to see the results, you guys are SUPERSTARS!

2 Likes

Well unless @Giorgio’s contact already did the vid and you can cook up something in a couple of days, then I don’t think anyone will have anything against you joining in. Just submit your solo by Sunday to @Giorgio, because we’re already doing things on a Chinese Democracy schedule…:rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: were did u get the Chinese democracy schedule :joy::joy::joy: can we use it as title for the song​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Well you know Mr Axl Pose had this band after Guns n Roses which was coincidentally also called Guns n Roses… They did an album called Chinese Democracy, which was - according to Wiki - recorded in no less than 10 years…:rofl:

1 Like