Collaborative video

This should be fun I’ll start working on mine next week.

Great all that. Is it possible to have the link so that we are all the same backing track and suddenly the same 30-second part to play on? to start on the same bases !!
Who will ultimately be responsible for compiling the videos and where do we post or send them ?
:+1:t2::clown_face::blush:

1 Like

I will be compiling the videos and to stitch them together, I know someone who can do it.
For uploading, we’re going to need a video file instead of a youtube link so maybe just uploading to dropbox or google drive and putting a link in this thread?

2 Likes

I will upload it today, just let me finish practice! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Practice time is sacred :wink:

2 Likes

The people hath speaketh, the people hath chooseth:

3 Likes

awesome! you are really a rock star :grin::tada::balloon::+1:t2:

1 Like

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 Like

Thank you @nexion218 can i play with the lefty ir is just for right handed​:joy::joy::joy::joy:
Probably the rithm will be shredding more than the solo in my case :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks @nexion218
Added to my next practice time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, it depends on which day you’re planning to record. If it’s a Thursday, you can’t go lefty! :smiley:

I agree by the way, it’s gonna be a huge challenge, that song is “not quite my tempo”… :joy:

1 Like

How and where do we send our video?

Giorgio said that due to quality reasons and ease of use we should post a dropbox link here, so I will do just that.

“the people hath speaketh, the people hath choseth”

Lol Let there be rock! :grin::metal:

1 Like

Hi guys!

Seems a big motivation is in the air… super cool!!
This contribution was “forcing” me to reset-up guitar room

Now, I will look for some talent and press the red button after :slight_smile:

PS: I’m willing to use the KIKO10BP in the video so it will answer also another request in another post.
PS2: Do someone know the exact tempo of this part of the song? 140BPM?
PS3: the biscuit are for finding energy to play…the pack is empty and I didn’t play yet :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers!!

Greg

1 Like

I think it’s 140. Pretty fast, I can already smell the stench of my failure… :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks good Greg :+1: :sunglasses:Wish I could have that setting instead of the big mess I have at the moment :grin:

Giorgio’s post about uploading the video here instead of a YouTube link partly convinced me to finally do it (although I’m aware it can end up over there anyway) but I also had a great deal of thinking over the reasons that were holding me back (and which have nothing to do with haters, when it comes to my playing, I doubt there can be more critical on it than myself :sweat_smile:).

I started practicing and finding short licks over the 10 minutes track but I already have a question :
how many bars is the loop?
It will help to know especially for those of us who can use tabs to write some ideas down and also because the chord structure is not completely symmetrical and quite tricky in this loop… Which doesn’t make things easier :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe we could find a GP file of the track and cut it. I will try to look for the GP file.
@Giorgio: you made my life so easier by uploading the GP file in the workout courses. Do you have the GP for this backing track in your magic bag maybe?

Greg

1 Like

Hi folks, i tried something for the collaborative video but, let aside the part that my fingers won’t play what my sick brain tells tem to play or at least they do it with a couple o second buffer :smiley: , i recorded something but, recording everithing with the phone is quite crappy.
I have a focus rite but never put myself to study daw on windows…or i did but managed to do more damage than good ahah
Now my question is, without having to sell a kidnay on the black market what do you suggest me to start to use to have better sound recording?
thanks my friends!

Before switching to Apple (years ago), I used audacity.
I don’t know the current version honestly speaking but the main advantage was that it’s free (I hope it’s still ;-)).
Maybe you could look at it.

I don’t know if there is free trial version of the “big” one like protools but be also ready to spend couple of hours on it :wink:

Cheers

Greg

2 Likes