Collaborative video

Thanks for putting this together @nexion218. I just voted too!

1 Like

So glad it works! If everyone agrees, I say we keep it open 'till Tuesday and then get to work.

3 Likes

Just voted! Excited for this!

1 Like

When I watched the clip on the video RockinRiley posted, I thought I could join too. But then I started trying to see if I could improvise on the backing tracks suggested by nexion…
And, a part from bits and pieces in Ionian on No Gravity and in Lydian on Escaping the result was awful :persevere:.
So I’ll join in some other time… After I’ve managed to fix my practicing problems and added the 7 factor workout to it.

Great idea nevertheless! :+1:Looking forward to see the result.

Well, it looks like Gray Stone is still a favorite, which will be quite a challenge due to the speed. I expect my failure, but refuse to give up. Don’t give up just yet. The worst that can happen is you practice, work on it, don’t make a submission but learn something in the process. If it’s shit, we could always say that it’s a microtonal jazz cover or something to that effect.:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

We will play slow and edit at X16 :joy::joy::joy::joy: just kidding! Really improvising on that will be quite hard but we can try anyway is not like we re gonna send it to america got talent​:joy: we will learn somenthing on the way and have fun for sure, in any case is not gonna be a failure​:joy: :metal::sunglasses::metal:

How many bars should we target for each individual?

If everything stays as is, the Grey Stone backing track has around 30 seconds looped, so to me it would be logical that everyone does one round?

3 Likes

Yeah i agree ! So 30 seconds for everyone is great.

And how many we are to participate in the end? who is able to put the link to have the right backing track? and who’s going to do the job of setting everything up on the video with all the players? or do we send the video once it’s done?

2 Likes

Yup! I agree with the 30 seconds mark. Hoping for @kiko to join the party. Haha!

4 Likes

Well we have 12 voteers thus far, that’s about 7-8 minutes of the 10 minute backing track, so I guess everybody who voted? But since it’s a looped track, we can make it longer so there’s plenty of room for everyone. :slight_smile: For the video I think we should find someone in-house who is proficient enough with this stuff, provide video and audio files and him/her do the magic. :slight_smile: From the top of my head, @nilsrocks did some nice videos for his covers, but haven’t seen him around lately… But I’m sure there’s many among us who could tackle this - I’m not one of them… :upside_down_face:
As for the track, it can be simply drag&dropped into a comment here, if that is acceptable like that. @Giorgio, what do you think?

4 Likes

I’m absolutely not against the creative and learning aspect of it. It’s just the idea that anyone outside of this site could see me at my weakest place which discourages me. It doesn’t feel like I’m giving up… Just postponing the experience to a more favorable light.

I tried again after reading your comment yesterday and I’d be glad if it could sound like micro tonal jazz… So far it looks more like a funeral Doom guitar solo but with the sound of old school Thrash metal :sweat_smile: and a few “baroque” hammer-ons and pull offs. Not really fitting with Grey Stone anyway…

Baroque funeral doom with old school thrash? You got me interested Mister! :slight_smile:

Joking aside, I totally hear you. And don’t let anyone talk you into something you’re not comfortable doing, not even me. :upside_down_face:

You see I’m deliberately forcing my chances for failure and unwanted or uncomfortable exposure - but that’s me. I have some crooked processes going on between my ears… My fear of failure and lack of confidence robbed me of at least a decade of music and I won’t ever let that happen again. By putting my failures and/or successes out here I make sure that I am accountable for my learning and progress and also they act as measuring sticks. But that’s me and at times I tend to forget that not everyone is like me. If I were a pickup, I’d sure as hell be reverse wound…:smiley:

2 Likes

I still have to think about it…

Is there a deadline for sending the videos?

I don’t think there’s one yet… I’d think that by the end of April everybody has ample time to come up with something, but that’s just my 2 cents…

Hi guys,

I was reading through the post and I think it’s really important to mention that it should not be AT ALL a “competition”. I’m pretty sure we have absolute different level and that’s also what can make it interesting…
@brunobailly7 About haters who can come, I mean…if he’s a real guitar player, I’m sure he will advice you or simply pass on it. If the guy has the time to stop to critisize you… give him a guitar, I’m pretty sure he could not make a proper Mim7 (basically just playing the 6 strings without touching the frets :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:) - I googled it, don’t blame me :innocent: :innocent:

End of April seems a good timing too.

Cheers

Greg

4 Likes

Hey, sorry I was out for a few days, now I am back.
I can take care of stiching together all the videos but how do we decide who plays and on what parts?

2 Likes

Well the track is looped from from identical cca. 36 seconds long parts, so everybody gets the same part. But we’ll eventually have to decide on the order of the submissions in the video. To me it would make the most sense to wait till everybody does their part and try to piece it together in a way that makes the most musical sense. Or just simply randomize?

1 Like

oh I see, yes it makes to wait to get all the videos and piece them together then,
For the loop, sorry if this is already done but do we have that part? If not I can work on it,

It seemed to me that we agreed on using the one provided by Kiko for the 7Factor. :slight_smile: That’s why I asked you a few posts prior if we can post it in this thread as a comment to make sure that everyone uses the same track.