Who Else Wants to Master Modes on Guitar?

Great news. I look forward to some guitar theory with Kiko. A suggestion: considering a lot of folks are dealing with financial hardship due to covid19, if possible it would be great to see a reasonably friendly co$t for the course. Moreover it looks like students join from around the world and not everyone has the purchasing power of someone living in the global north. Just a suggestion, it would be a nice gesture to consider it.

3 Likes

I feel like modes seem pointless without phrasing. It’s turning those modes into music that makes it all magical. I think that’s what I love so much about your playing Kiko. The phrasing is perfect. Composition/phrasing emphasis would be great! Guitar hacks teaches you the workout to be able to play things, but I think the next phase has to be how to play with intention. Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @atasayengin!
I hear you on Covid and the differences of cost of living between parts of the world, this is not an easy topic to solve but we know it’s there. Typically we offer larger discounts the earlier you enroll, maybe that could help you out.

1 Like

Welcome @andrewweldonstephens, you’re right indeed the first course was about technique and building confidence in your playing. This upcoming course is more about becoming a better musician and applying what you learned in the first one while really connecting to the music.

2 Likes

I would like to learn more about bending, back-sliding notes, and using tremolo-bar techniques when building a guitar solo with the modes. These techniques show more expression and individuality in the guitar players I admire.

1 Like

Great News, Definitely count me in brotha!
Riff~Life :purple_heart:

1 Like

I think those are some interesting concepts listed above. I suppose what I would like to learn is more about composing some for instance; using those scales and modes into making a pre chorus, pre solos or interlude around the idea of a particular rhythm sections or I suppose using bridges to tie in two different types of rhythm sections.

In any event I am looking forward to the new course.

Thank you Kiko and the crew,

Frisco_Sensing

4 Likes

Also, is there any chance we can get some muting tips within this or the technique course?

2 Likes

This will go into the Guitar Workout Strategy Course. Kiko should be able to cover that in the next private live for that course.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @Frisco_Sensing, I don’t think the course will go as far in term of composition but it will certainly cover connecting the modes and how to use them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Giorgio. I did enjoy the moods and modes lesson #1 with Kiko yesterday and I found it very helpful and inspiring. The lesson certainly did help me in my pursuit of mastering this guitar. I am certainly still interested in joining the new course and I am looking forward to the rest of week.

I will be in touch, Thank you for everything

Best regards,

Frisco_Sensing

1 Like

Hi All! I have said this many times before to my friends, but the greatest piece of music gear I ever possessed is my internet router. :slight_smile: How great it is to be learning music these days? When I started, the phone numbers of guys willing to teach were passed around on post-its, some even required a former student to vouch for you in order to exlcude the possibility of tax office guys ( :wink: ) and now we have A-list guitar stars “sitting in our rooms”, teching us for free. There’s really no excuse left! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s very well said, indeed the internet is spoiling us! No excuse left, the information is there and as players, we need to put the time in and practice what we learn.

4 Likes

I’m still incompetent, regardless of what info I have available to me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If the modes course is anything like the live streams have been sign me up! I’ve learned so much!

2 Likes