What are you working on Learning?

Those are fantastic songs to work on, I love Rhoads! and Highway to Hell is a true AC/DC classic. You can’t go wrong with those choices.

2 Likes

Nice! Those are really cool songs to start! If I may suggest a few more: one of the first song I learned was Breaking the law, I think is a very good song to practice, as it’s fun to play, with good tempo, and you can practice your rhythm and both hands movements.
After that, you can go for Paranoid; you can train you endurance and I think the solo can be a very good learning piece, and a nice challenge ;).

Hope it helps, good luck on your work!

3 Likes

Hi Fabian, I love those songs, thanks for your great suggestions!

1 Like

Just learned “Them Bones” by Alice In Chains which is very fun to play, “Halloween” by Helloween, and “ just polishing up most of the Metallica/Megadeth songs that I’ve learned through the years.

2 Likes

Rick Beato did a “What makes this song great” episode on that AIC song, check it out if you haven’t seen it already! Made me appreciate that song even more!

1 Like

Keep pushing it and kicking ass! :smiley:

1 Like

Jerry Cantrell is in my top 3 guitar players ever.

1 Like

The thing I like the most about Jerry/AIC is that even though JC was mainly backing vocals, he is such a capable singer that he could easily be a lead singer in the majority of contemporary rock bands. Not many bands had/have that luxury to have an actual lead singer do the backing vocals !:slight_smile:

1 Like

He is a terrific singer, for sure. Layne Staley told him he should consider doing so, that’s how he started.

Their voces together worked perfectly!

1 Like

Before starting this course, I was practicing modes, working on Judas Priest’s “Sinner”, Metallica’s “Disposable Heroes”, Helloween’s “Heavy Metal (is the law)”, Maiden’s “Transylvania” (actually better for exercising legato than alternate picking) and revising solos or parts of solos (like the triads at the end of “Hotel California”).
Since I started this course, I’m still practicing modes but I’ve stopped practicing the aforementioned songs and am practicing the beginning of Rimsky-Khorsakov’s “flight of the bumblebee” (but at less than 1/5 the speed it should be played at :grin:) and Mozart’s 3rd Sonata (actually a cover version from Scatterbrain… A crossover Thrash band I had the chance to discover in the early 90’s)… I learned that 15 years ago and am pleasantly surprised to see I still remember most of it :blush:.
I’ve only practiced the course seriously (fundamentals + musical exercises) since this Monday. I can’t say I see significant improvements so far but I do feel my arms muscles have been working more than they usually do… Which is always a good sign.

2 Likes

I started back to work havent had much time to work on these lessons but here is a couple recent videos

Right now I am getting comfortable with Kiko’s workout strategy. I am getting his tab book soon and am going to work through Du Monde I want to play that song.

2 Likes