Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hi Naren, welcome to the forum!

Welcome Denney, that’s awesome that you’re going to drop your first solo EP, looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hello Guitar Hackers!

My name is Miguel Velasco AKA “The Venezuelan Guitarist”

Live in Valencia, Venezuela , been playing guitar since I was 12 years old and I’m about to turn 24 by September 13.

When I discovered the sound of the guitar and then the sound of Thrash Metal, specifically Metallica (then discovered Megadeth) I fell in love and wanted to learn and play like them!

It has been a crazy journey to achieve the level I am right now, and one of the things I have learnt and want to share with all of you is that being consistent brings results! The compound interest is amazing so don’t quit never! Always push forward and out of your comfort zone!

My actual gear is:

Line 6 Spider IV 15 watts amp
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Sunburst
Ibanez Gio
Fender Heavy Picks
Zoom B2.1u Bass Effects Pedal (was an awesome deal so, couldn’t let the opportunity go, it works pretty well with my guitars)
Bandlab Link Analog Interface for recording

I’ve had the pleasure to work on an instrumental metal album with a musician from UK, I also have done covers from Iron Maiden, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Dio, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying

On my most recent instagram videos I got likes from Dragonforce themselves and Herman Li himself! Even the verified vocalist of the band Stitched Up Heart is following me!

If you want to check it out here’s my Instagram, I’m mostly active through that app if you want to hang out

Instagram.com/thevenezuelanguitarist

I’m working on my second single called “Stopwatch”
The first one is called “Fight”

I’m working on getting them ready to launch on Spotify

And last but not least, keep pushing brothers, find your own style and sound and keep developing!

If you want to chat you know where to find me!
Stay safe
Keep playing
Rock on

The Venezuelan Guitarist

5 Likes

Haha, remember these women were talented and beautiful. I had a crush on one of them back then…:rofl:

1 Like

Hello fellow guitar hacks ! My name is T.J. Fuller and I have been playing guitar for long long time self taught / left handed who plays right handed / was in an 80’s band here in Columbus Ohio. Won alrosa villa battle of bands in1987. And played all over US for a spell . Looking to improve my theory. Currently recording Demos for a self produced CD. Best 3 pieces of gear changes all time for me. I love my wampler pantheon overdrive. My ADA MP - 1 preamp and my custom built Evh style guitar. Hope to jump in and join some of the conversations. Oh yeah influences. Warren DeMartini. Evh and Angus. Jimmy page. And recently digging the playing of some guy I saw live not too long ago named kiko

5 Likes

Hello guitarhacks ,I’m Huey from Taiwan , guitar beginner, sophomore in college.

I’ve started learning electric about 2 or 3yrs ago, playing an ibanez guitar w/ Boss ME-80 and Yamaha ns-1000m.

I’m a huge fan of rock/metal music, jazz, blues and bossa nova as well. These days I’m getting more interested in instrumental songs, so really happy to have the chance to learn how these songs were composed(like base on what scales) , although I can’t play any of them completely/decently now.

Now I’m excited to learn more about modes and scales!

PS. I’m not very good in English, hope there’s not too much grammatical mistakes.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community Huey!

1 Like

Hi All,

My name is Mitermayer, I am originally from Brazil but live in Sydney Australia.

I love prog-metal and have been listening to kiko’s amazing guitar skills since my teen days back in Brazil. I also have been lucky enough to go to one of his shows when he played for Angra at the Rebirth tour in the city I am from Salvador.

I started playing guitar at age of 12 and had the dream to play the song “carry on” from angra but that was too far out of my reach, I soon after gave up on guitar at the age of 15. I tried getting back into it on my mid twenties but with kids and marriage I gave up once again. On my 32nd birthday I decided to get back into it and do the best of my abilities to achieve my teenage dreams so then I started doing the kiko daily routines of guitar hacks and have not missed a day since.

Besides music I work as a software engineer, father of 3 amazing boys and have a lovely wife. My other hobbies are magic the gathering card game, and I also hold a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt.

Looking forward to getting to know you folks and learning from everyone!

6 Likes

Welcome @mitermayer.reis, thanks for sharing about yourself! I am too familiar with the story of getting back to playing guitar in my 30ies…
I must say, I am most impressed with the brazilian jiu jitsu black belt, pretty bad ass!

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m Nabil from Morocco, I started playing in 2016.

I love metal, rock, blues and classical music. Bands like metallica and megadeth are the reason why I started playing.

My current gear is a Jackson RRX24 plugged into Line 6 helix native. I also have an epiphone les pauls tribute plus and an american fender stratocaster.

When i’m not playing guitar i go surf.

Rock on!!!

7 Likes

Nice gear! Would like to play that ESP.

1 Like

Welcome Nabil, very cool to have a member from Morocco!
Choukran!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Greg from Hungary and happy to join the community.
I’m a big metal fan and I discovered Kiko couple of years ago. I’m playing (or attempt to play :slight_smile:) for 15 years and I decided to improve and, so, join guitar hacks.

In term of material, I have a Marshall JVM410JS, one ESP eclipse, one Ibanez Jem7v and a Helix floor (I switched from traditional pedalboard 2 years ago).

What people usually don’t know is that I’m left handed but play as a right handed (like our master, so it’s a good example to follow).

See you

Greg

3 Likes

Welcome Greg, thanks for sharing!

Hi,

I’m Chris from Poland. I’ve been in love with guitar for like 20 years and I had a big break in playing for couple of them. But I’m back for good.
I listen mostly hard and brutal stuff, but there is also place for some classic, groove and electronics.
Right now I’m into 7 string and a minor accoustic playground.

Can’t wait to start practising.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Thanks dude. I’ve been trying to find a legit one for years and I found one.

1 Like

Hello I’m Bani from Melbourne Australia. I’ve been playing guitar for about 20years but never had a music lesson. I’ve lost interest in playing guitar and have never played for a Long time. However recently the fire started burning again and this time I want to put in more effort. There is so much to learn and I look forward to this journey.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Manu from Reunion Island (French island in Indian Ocean close to Madagascar).
I love music from hard rock - Dream Theather style - to jazz and Brazilian music… Like a lot local island music who we call Maloya. But I am definitively Rock.

My gear is Blade RH4 guitar and a JMP1 Marshall and some pedals.

I start play close to 20 years ago and play with some bands. I have to calm down from several years to concentrate more on studies.
I restart to play seriously when we were in confinement and now I want to push a little bit my limits to know I can go… :slight_smile:

So I am happy to be here !

Valew,
Manu

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Satvik. I am from India. I got introduced to metal when a cousin of mine introduced me to Linkin Park. From then on my journey of exploring the genre of metal and hard rock has been very pleasant. One my favourite bands are Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica and Lamb of God. Outside of metal, I started listening to jazz and Carnatic music (an Indian classical genre) because there are so many bands in India that fuse classical music with metal and it’s truly amazing.

I don’t own an electric guitar therefore, I don’t have any favourite gear as of now. But, I really adore the Schecter C6 Pro. I am going to get that guitar soon.

Something that people may not about me is that I am very passionate about society and culture, and one of the important reasons as to why heavy metal is my favourite genre.

3 Likes

Hey Everyone!
My name is Randy Johnson. I am from Cincinnati, OH. My favorite music is progressive instrumental, progressive rock as well as 80s like metal that is being written currently. I am a big fan of a mix of all techniques…as many as can be found on the wonderful instrument…the guitar!

I love all techniques and the sounds they can bring. I especially like fast alternate picking, string skipping, legato and multiple finger two handed techniques.

Favorite guitars are my Gibson Les Paul Artist, Fender Strat, Ibanez Jem and in the future another Ibanez model…I bet you may be able to guess which one. :slight_smile: Amps? I am unsettled. Pedals? How many can I have?

Trivia? I went to the Atlanta Institute of Music in 1989. A wonderful time. I miss the days of hanging with people who would throw their money together, renting an apartment and had no furniture but guitars, amps, tabs, sheet music laying around everywhere on the floors. All people cared to talk about was guitar and little else.

I am looking forward to getting back to more structure and discipline in my playing and chatting up some guitar.

Randy

6 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ranjit from India.

I’m a big fan of Paul Gilbert, Buckethead and Randy Rhoads.

Basicall, i suck with techniques and i want to improve them.

I own a Greg Bennett AV 6 LP style guitar.

I connect my guitar to the computer to practice. I have an Orange 12 L amp.

Hope I can learn and add value to this group and people.

Thanks a tonne

Ranjit

8 Likes