String Brand and Gauge

Hi guys!

What brand of strings are you using?
And what gauge is the best for standard tuning?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use hybrid, 9-46 ! Ernie Ball or elixir

2 Likes

Ernie ball 9’s and 10’s. I use hybrid strings on my down tuned guitars. Don’t feel as sloppy on the lower strings.

2 Likes

About a year ago I switched from Hybrid Slinky’s to D’addario NYXLs 10-46. I’m really digging them, I don’t think I’ll be switching back.

1 Like

me too! I switched from Elixir 10-46 to NYXL 10-46. Have you tried the D’Addario XT?

1 Like

cool! I like 10’s! 9’s are bit floppy.

nice! have you tried other brands?

1 Like

No for the moment.
Maybe SAVAREZ brand soon but not sure.:blush:

1 Like

I use D’Addario NYXL, 10-46 on 6 strings and 10-52 on 7 strings.
But I have a “blues” guitar in Eb with 11-52 for some painful, soulful bends :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haven’t tried the XTs yet. I’ve never been into coated strings for some reason, but it’s been years since I’ve tried them. I may as well give it another shot.

2 Likes

Cleartone 10-46. D’Addario 10-59 for the 7 strings.

2 Likes

Daddario 10s
I break all the others.

There was a time I played with 11s. Tone was killer but well…they were 11s! Lol

2 Likes
2 Likes

I use D Addario NYXL 9-46 for the 6 strings and Ernie Ball 9-52 for the 7 strings.

GHS Boomers GBTNT 10-52 Thin-Thick
Just switched over to NYXL 10-52 next string change there going on.

I tune to standard with them. Bottom sounds fatter to me.

I use daddario 11s, I break anything else. The lowest I tune to is C# for sabbath stuff (but that’s rare because I don’t have a guitar set up for that). Generally I’m in standard tuning.

1 Like

How’s your intonation with 52 on the 7string? Is it a baritone scale guitar? I’ve found that anything below 60 on 25.5 scale makes it borderline impossible to play in tune…

Rotosound Roto Pinks 9-42. I’ve been using it because it’s cheaper, has free strings, one of the strings that doesn’t corrode easily with my sweaty hands, and I can’t break them. Haha!

D’Addario NYXL 8-38’s and 9-42’s

Love the tone and feel of lighter strings!

1 Like

Love the NYXL’s!
Using the 10s. Incredible difference.

1 Like