Right technique for hybrid picking (nails or fingertips?)

After hybrid picking day (luckily for me is just one day :p), my ring finger (right hand) ended like this:

I guess is my technique… As you can see, I have long nails and use them to play classic guitar, but as strings are very different, it doesn’t felt right when using nails in electric guitar, so I used my fingertips. Should I use nails? Or I just have to improve my fingertips technique? Anyone else got blisters when starting on hybrid pickiing?

1 Like

Are you giving us the finger :rofl:

I wouldn’t worry about it, I would stop when it’s painful but continue to include hybrid in your practice. Pretty quickly your skin will harden and you won’t feel them anymore.

2 Likes

I am in no way qualified to answer, but I use the spot where the nail and the flesh meet. I have short, normal length nails.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: it’s the ring finger not the middle :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your advice, I’ll surely keep practicing hybrid as I loved what you can do with it

@alexanderrobert thanks for your comment :wink:

1 Like

Well… when i was at the beginning i used to have nails but after many months and increasing speed, nails make me play dirty cause nails hit strings and, with a lot of gain, they make a lot of noise. So i cut them.

2 Likes

Yes, the same to me, feels dirty when playing with nails

1 Like