Private Live with Kiko on March 20th 2021

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well!

Kiko, how would you approach counterpoint melodies and harmonies from a compositional standpoint? I love to play around with counterpoint harmonies/melodies and I’m interested on expanding upon those more to create better atmosphere and arrangements that have a more natural flow. Get out of the box a bit more and such :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

Thank you Kiko!

2 Likes

I’d like to spend some time trying to build up my legato strength and runs so maybe a live on that. Just been inspired by the new one from Steve Vai :metal:

Do you have a good way to learn intervals and notes on the neck. I still need a good GPS to move on the neck :sob:
I would like to work EDM (the arpeggio is difficult but really sounds good), liquid time , the awesome running with the bulls every songs in open souce in fact. Mood is really fantastic on liquid time ( the feeling change between 2:37 and 2:59 sounds to me as if i was on the beach with a good coktail :grinning:) What is the secret ?

3 Likes

Hi,

I would like to hear a bit about an issue I face regularly.

Often, when I record something even if played with a click, it sounds rushed. Even though it hits the time marks, it still sounds kinda faster than it should be, even though it is not

Is it common your playing to sound rushed? Is that something which just by a regular metronome practice is gonna fade away?

Thanks,
Emil

1 Like

Hi all, the link for today’s live was sent via email and it’s in the live page over here:

Cheers

1 Like

Ughhh got called into work and missed the live going to watch it tonight

1 Like

I felt bad when Kikos interface crapped out and he lost sound, I heard some people speculate 9volt battery on the guitar, I knew that wasn’t it, that would just mud up the sound you wouldnt lose all sound, you would just lose all tone and good sound. I didn’t know what he was using? An outside amp/effects floorboard or rack sent into an interface or an amp sim program on the computer. I figured a reboot or another option would be the input jack on the guitar.As you play guitar over the years a lot of players I know are for the most part lost on the technical aspects of gear. Not knocking Kiko but just pointing out how playing guitar is an art form the same way technology troubleshooting is. I could see that Kiko had a few ideas what was wrong but like a pro he kept the train rolling, which in itself was a lesson.Time is money and lost interest = time.I see all these questions on theory etc… I am personally interested to see a segment on equipment and tips. Nothing in life will make you an expert as much as having to fix a bad situation, I think you showed everyone a lesson on what pros do in that situation, maybe a guest youtube live session with a tech would be a cool idea or even a few road situation stories should be in the future? Thanks,

2 Likes

I felt the same yesterday during the pvt live. I could see Kiko was upset for the quality of the lesson when the guitar died and that I think is a sign of how much he cares about the quality of his teching. He demonstrated a lot of caring and integrity. The way he teaches, the passion and dedication he show for his students make me every day more happy of the money i spend to enroll.
About the topic you suggest i find it interesting, i know nothing about it, but i understand howimportant it is.
Cheers!

1 Like