Megadeth "Symphony of Destruction" ( Cover ) Riff~Life đź’ś

I learned this back in 6-2019 and this was my first and only live recording. I’ve cleaned it up since then and also improved my vocal and tonal range. I used this song playing out many times on my set list and the crowd here just loved it. Sadly Megadeth wont be touring this year as I was hoping to get some good seats and have a meet and great with the band. Sadly I’m not playing out much either and now money is tight.

Please Enjoy!

Frisco

1 Like

Nice job my friend, it’s a classic! I hope to get to see Megadeth too, I have tickets to the fall leg of the tour to see them in October, it hasn’t been announced as being cancelled yet (only summer leg) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the show goes on. I’ve got some pretty good seats Kiko side \m/

1 Like

Wow Frisco, this rocks! Nice job! Singing and playing at the same time is so impressive to me.
Do you have videos of live playing with your band?

1 Like

Awesome!

I’m struggling with the solo, speed kills…

1 Like

Ohhh great mate !!!

1 Like

Sadly I used a laptop w/backing tracks as it is hard to find good lead guitar players in my area, not to say their is not good talent. I play the small circuit gigs and free open mic like at the Riff House out in Cheasapeake Va. I mostly am a lone wolf…

2 Likes

Me too brother… I am working on a cover of “Tornado of Souls” by \Megadeth/ and it is the toughest for me by far… I willl post my progress on it and talk more about it later.

Good luck my friend keep playing and exercising and things will work out brother.

Best Regards,

Frisco

2 Likes

Very Cool!! It’s not easy to play and sing.Great job on that. If I can say something… The E string sounds sharp. I think the guitar was not in tune, but it can be that you’re are playing too hard. In this case the E string should be a little flat, so when you hit the string is in tune ( That’s what Mustaine’s tech has to do) or you can try a heavier string (10-46 up)

4 Likes

That’s a great tip, makes total sense, I never thought of down tuning a bit to account for a crushing right hand!

1 Like

Aha! This is something that has confounded me for years. Especially on my Drop A low A string, it always flaps around too much and my tuner shows it wildly moving around. I am going to start doing this.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip Kiko. I will certainly take another look as I am striving for perfection. I will definitely take this into account. :blush:

I apologize for not getting back sooner as I started a project over the weekend for my father. This will be my last project I take on as my hands are swollen and it makes it very difficult for me to get the results I would like on my practice routine from Guitar Hacks.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday today brother. I will also be 48 on the 3rd of July. I’m right behind you my friend. :blush:

Thank you so much Kiko for everything! :blush:

Frisco

1 Like