Megadeth - Reckoning Day

Ok, voice a bit shot, not much time to practice and other excuses…

Hope you’ll find it entertaining anyway! :smiley:

8 Likes

They may have decided that its better to keep everything here collaborative rather than competitive?
Great job on the song!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the video, @nilsrocks - this is awesome! Solid playing and great voice!

We deleted the original topic because @Giorgio and I wanted to refine how to structure these challenges and make them as exciting as possible. :slight_smile:

Given we hadn’t had a submission, we decided to just delete it. Sorry for the confusion!

2 Likes

Thank you both @theherd and @jono!

Sounds good about the challenges, @jono !
On the one hand, just as @theherd said, it is important not to create competitions in a negative way. On the other hand it motivated me to spend the morning practicing, so I think those competitions can give you a good drive!
And we are not here to be better than others, but to become better guitarists ourselves.

2 Likes

Very awesome job, I love it :metal::metal::metal:

Riff~Life :purple_heart:

1 Like

“Wolf”, “Sheep”," Killer" I know right. :smile:Its all good brother, One Love! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Just you and your guitar! That’s awesome man!

2 Likes

Thank you!! :grinning: It’s a great way to hear all the mistakes! :smirk:

1 Like

Yes! That’s why I’m dubitative to do it! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

:wink:
Of course it is important to hear our mistakes, else we couldn’t get better.

That is the frustrating part about practising music. When you do it right, you constantly hear your mistakes. Because the ear progresses first! Else you couldn’t hear your mistakes, right?

So it is important to keep a good feeling about your playing. That’s why playing is as important as practicing. As @kiko said once in “Cup of coffee with Ola”: It can be good sometimes to stop playing, when you feel awesome. To keep that sensation!

Motivation is the key! When you feel, you are making progress, you LOVE to keep playing and practicing.

3 Likes

Yes, 100% agree. Practising is the key to improve, but playing is important too, after all, that’s why we take the guitar in the first place. Indeed, yesterday I have a bad day and when I took my guitar I decided to skip my daily training and just play :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I agree, friendly competition can be a good thing. As a martial arts practitioner I have certainly learned quite a bit from challenging others in friendly competition. I certainly like to go above and beyond in everything that I do and I enjoy to help other’s to succeed as well.

1 Like

Yeah I know this feeling. sometimes you just have to just play and “Get the Lead Out” lol. If you been practicing regularly you will notibally see the improvements and playing certainly is key to all of this. Some days I feel like its very hard to get anything right even when I’m practicing. I think were all gonna have them off days. Anyways I don’t think you can define your good works just by one day alone. Hang in there brother!

1 Like

Thanks Frisco!
I will!

About the day-offs I have theory, as this question often comes up in lessons: The ear needs to develop in order to be able to hear the little mistakes. And I think it might be, that the development of ear and technique are not simultaneously happening. When your technique is better than your ear, you just feel awesome when playing.
And vice versa.
At least this sounds fitting, right? :grinning:

1 Like

I hadn’t seen this until now. Great job for a one-take video. Remember also that most of your audience overlooks small mistakes. It’s good to work out the bugs with good -quality video and audio recordings as a practice tool.
Louie

2 Likes