\M/ "Master of Puppets ". Riff~Lifeđź’ś

I’d thought I’d share another cover that I’m working on. This is just an instrumental of the James Hetfield Parts. I plan on singing this one aswell. I learned this song from mostly listing to the music and some help from friends showing me a riff here and there. This took me a while and I’m finally starting to put this together. I hope y’all enjoy!

4 Likes

Holy Down Picking skills! That’s awesome!
I’ve started to incorporate down picking myself using Kiko’s practicing method but I am still not fast enough for master of puppets.

How long did it take you to get there?

3 Likes

Oh my bad Giorgio, I just caught the message… Well I’m not gonna lie. it took me a while to get it up to speed. I have been working on this one off and on for a few years with the down picking. I used to use alternate picking to play this and just hit the string with a flat angle of attack and palm muting. It gives you a real punchy sound.

Another song by Metallica that helped me out with down picking was “Sanitarium”… I can play quite a bit of some Metallica songs. Learning to play the entire song “One” took me a while as well.

Lately I’ve been on a Megadeth Kick for some reason… I believe learning some Megadeth songs will help you to with the down picking brotha.

I hope this helps

Riff~Life :purple_heart:

2 Likes