Louie V - Hybrid Picking Idea

I wrote a chord progression to experiment with some of the lead guitar skills that I learned in the Guitar Hacks course.

It was challenging but gets easier the more that I practice it.

Kiko and his course are a big musical inspiration.

9 Likes

That’s a cool progression, I like it!

2 Likes

And very cool to include melody within the chords as well!

Indeed, that’s the trick!

1 Like

Very Nice brother! :sparkling_heart::purple_heart::sparkling_heart::purple_heart:

Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

Awesome!!! Love it! Try to create a second part for that … Slow down at 0:29 practice only the last chord turnaround. : ) when you have the second part upload it here.

3 Likes

Thanks Kiko!

I am honored and inspired by your comments.
Muito grato pelo seu feedback (humbled).

I will work on a second part. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Louie

1 Like

You really have a good feeling for the sound and articulation!
Sounds great!

2 Likes

Ok, here is my attempt to add a second part to this hybrid picking idea. I tend to rely on my rhythm guitar player to help out with song structure. So, this was a bit challenging. I added a different chord progression in the middle of the part I previously wrote.

Hope you enjoy.

Sincerely,

Louie

4 Likes

Love the progression brother!!

So cool!!! you have a song right there… keep developing the parts ( intro, breakdown, outro…)
One thing… Watch the video and notice that you play the sweep with smalls “jumps/ hopping” like you would be playing alternate picking without alternating. Go to the sweep lessons and check my hand movement… straight down or up through the strings. Watch Frank Gambale videos as well as he is the master of this technique.

1 Like

Thanks Kiko, I really appreciate it.
I have been working on my sweep picking technique. And I do have an old Frank Gambale VHS tape from the 90’s that I need to find…:slight_smile:

Very Nice Chops Brotha! :wink:

Riff~Life :purple_heart:

1 Like

Sounds great! I dig it!

Thanks, Aram. I appreciate it.

1 Like