Do you practice Every day?

If not i’m sending the paddy wagon!!

4 Likes

I skip one day a week usually…gives me a chance to miss it. I try to spend one day a week just “playing” too. So, I guess you could say I practice 5 days a week. I practice about 2-3 hours on those days.

2 Likes

I hate the po-po, so the axe is already plugged in! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes i practice every day. I try 2 hours !

1 Like

I really try to do it. I may skip one or two days per week but no more than that, and only sometimes, because I have pain in two fingers.

4 Likes

Every day! if I have to go on a trip, even an overnight a guitar goes with me.

5 Likes

Yes, me too exept for a trip or vacation when I only play a few days a week.
And like @Aram sometimes i miss 1 day when i’m lazy lol

1 Like

I work 12 hour midnight shifts and find that I am not always able to practice during the work stretch. However when i do pick the guitar up again after two or three days my hands feel fresh and fly all over the neck.
Rest can be good sometimes. Also gives the mind time to let everything sink in.

1 Like

Hello. I am too busy to play/practice everyday. I just can t make it! So i keep a rhythm of 2 or 3 days per week for both practice and playing. But I allow myself long guitar sessions.
Every session starts with fundamentals for maintaining a good articulation when playing.
Probably not enough to reach the next level but enough to maintain the actual level.

2 Likes

I am not practicing every day at the moment as I typically practice in waves.
Like if I know I have a concert coming (Not anytime soon with COVID), I will specifically set goals based on the songs and difficult passages I need to work on and practice daily.
When I don’t have a guitar related project, I try to play daily but do not set a time for a real “formal practice”.

2 Likes

I usually to practice every day for one our or a little more, but if I really have a small amount of time I try anyway to find at least fifteen minutes and I focus on rhythmic excercises or triads or intervals.

1 Like

Yes! According to my practice log I have only missed 3 days in the last month:

I sadly don’t manage a full hour every day though: my average is around 40 minutes, including missed days. I find it hard to fit an uninterrupted block of practice into family life, and I often end up practicing after my family goes to bed; that means I’m often too tired to do a full hour.

I’m thinking of practicing less, because at the moment I have to choose between practice and playing. However, it’s been easy enough to stick to it because I see improvement, and because I’m still cobbling together the skills I need to play the songs I want! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since I don’t work until the pm I have time to do the full hour, however there are a couple of days when I skip which I feel guilty about. I do have to discipline myself to just do even 15 mins of Fundamentals and musical if I choose not to do the full hour.

2 Likes

Maybe try to at least get the Fundamental and musical part for 15 min in your routine and that at least will increase your skills and you would also get more sleep in and be refreshed for the next day. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

I have not been practicing for a long time. I do make it a point to pick up and play and my focus is on creating music based on my mood. I have expanded my playing quite a bit with this approach. I do focus on technique and exercises along with this but again…I focus on what I want to…I guess you could say it’s practice lol…just does not seem like it to me I love it.

I signed up here to move on from that to a more structured and focused approach. I am ready to take my playing to next level. I know I won’t get there with my previous approach.

1 Like

I rarely miss my daily practice. Sometimes it’s short, but I try to pick up my guitar every day. It’s the only time each day that is pure enjoyment with no stress. I find ways to make it happen. I bring my guitar with me most everywhere I go. There is a lot of time in my day where I am basically waiting for other people. That’s practice time. Sure people look at me like I’m insane sometimes, playing an unplugged electric guitar in business attire, but I love playing.

I’ve found that if I get better at the rest of my life, I get more time to play. It’s hard sometimes because that’s the way life is, but guitar is my motivation to keep working.

5 Likes

I’m kind of the same. Playing songs that motivate me to pick it up everyday. Then having the discipline to practice slowly with intent and focus on course material mixed in during that playing session. Seems to work for me.

1 Like

I had more time to play last week but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to approach Kiko’s method, testing Timer apps to organize the practice sessions etc. AND I was concerned with trying to get an appointment to get tested (I was off work for “suspicion of Covid-19”).
But since last Saturday, I’ve been playing every day for at the very least 40 minutes each time.

I practice 4-5 times a week for about 1 hour. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good practice time, as long as its focused. Always leave time for just having fun on the guitar too!!!

2 Likes