Display name options?

If possible, it would be nice to have a display name other than your username for posts. Perhaps the option to display your real name? I realize you would likely want some kind of control so you don’t get some inappropriate things displayed. I would like to think that we are all mature enough to keep things acceptable.

Interesting, I need to check what’s doable or not with the forum and check with @jono what’s the best practice here.

Thanks for the feedback, @theherd - we definitely want to hear it - you folks know better than anyone what you want in our community. :slight_smile:

In terms of real names, my gut feeling is that we should default to usernames because some people don’t want to share their real names.

I would love to hear everyone’s thoughts though. Anyone else want to chime in?

1 Like

I think the obstacle is adding the ability to have a space in the username.

Indeed. :slight_smile:

Yeah you couldn’t really have a space in the username, my suggestion was more to have the option of setting a display name that could be used… that could be your real name or anything really…whatever you put into the display name box. The question is would enough people want that and if the forum package exposes that capability or has the code available for modification. I’m a software developer so it’s possible.

I finally got the answer on this, we can have different forum display names for those who want it but users cannot change it themselves.
So the easiest is to send me a PM and I’ll update the display name,

1 Like