Boss GT-1000 MultiFX

Is this a good multifx? My wife bought it for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The answer is yes, but it depends on what you want to get out of it. Nita Strauss uses it exclusively when she does her solo tours. She plugs that into the PA and that’s it. I think she uses it for her stadium gigs too. My first thought is that if it’s good enough for a player at her level, then it’s a good unit.

I tried one to use with a Bias Head and with a tube amp. I was trying to use it as a channel switcher and switch effects with it at the same time. That implementation of it wasn’t great because the Boss FX channels and Bias Head sounds didn’t switch at the same time. It worked great as an FX only unit for a tube amp.

My personal opinion is that it’s amazing for effects, but the amp sims are not my favorite. I wanted something that behaved more like an amp with just a few standard effects, so I went with a Kemper. Either way, never let your wife go if she bought that for you. She clearly loves you.

2 Likes

I don’t know about this particular multifx but congrats to your wife (and to you), she’s a keeper :slight_smile: @markoliver.idio, what a great present!

2 Likes

I’m using a Boss GT-100 with mesa boogie micro head and cab clone ir+. No problems. I like that the gt-1000 has bass effects. Almost bought it. Let me know how you like it.

2 Likes

I bought one in September. I’m very happy with it, but it took me a while to dial a great tone that I was really happy with. As with everything BOSS, it is highly tweakable and customizable, so be prepared to devote time to studying and exploring the many variables (some would say “way too many!”) it offers. There are lots of great tutorials on YouTube, so be sure to check those out. If you are going to be using it as an amp sim, be sure to get an FRFR speaker – also, I would recommend checking out the ML SoundLab IRs (the Bogner cab simulator sounds awesome!) In my case, that IR made a hughe difference. Hope this is helpful. Enjoy your GT1000!

2 Likes

It’s better than this

3 Likes

Lol, if only that tube stack knob went to 11 on teh Gorilla! :guitar: