XYZ "Inside Out" play-through

Alright. Here’s my first contribution to the show and tell. Sorry for the video quality and even more sorry for the playing. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hey Marc, that’s tight! I didn’t know that song, pretty cool. And for the record, that solo is not sloppy! Thanks so much for sharing,

2 Likes

I remember that song, great job! \m/

2 Likes

:thinking: We always tend to be our own worst critic. You are just a perfectionist. Very Nice! :blush:

2 Likes

Good performance man! You got the chops!

2 Likes

Great job, @tark2112 -amazing playing.

Also, that tone is sick. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great song choice and execution! That main riff is super fun—now I want to learn it!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m using the Guitar Rig 5 plugin for that – can’t remember what components unfortunately.

2 Likes

One of the best riffs from that era for sure.

3 Likes

Amazing! I didn’t know that song! Great solo! Don’t be sorry, it sounds great! More videos!!! I want to see more!

6 Likes

Awesome, sounds great man!

3 Likes

Thank you, Ron! I love 80s metal.

2 Likes

Nice job nailing the tone!!! A little story on that guitar players secret sauce on the recording. He used a tube preamp by a guy who mods amps named Mike Morin. Mike won’t built that preamp any longer but still mods amps. I was sooo mad one came up on reverb for a pretty penny. And was gone quick. The preamp looks really homemade. I guess George Lynch has one of the originals like used on this tune by XYZ Not sure if lynch ever used it to record. Boy sure miss good 80,s tunes like inside out

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for back story @thomasfuller216 !

1 Like

Oh yes! The legendary Morin preamp. There was a time when I had more money than brains where I literally scoured the entire internet looking for one. Couldn’t find one anywhere. If he’s still around, he should bring it back – there’s definitely a market. Every tone forum references that first XYZ album as a holy grail for guitar sounds.