Wrist pain and tendonitis

All repetitive movement can cause tendonitis, inflammation and pain and the pick movement is very repetitive and have a really short range of motion.
Basically our body want to save evenergy, and in that term muscles are a really expensive structure to maintain, so if you use those muscles in partial range of motion you will end up making those muscles shorter and that mean more tension on the tendons. Add to that the repetitive movement that increase the muscle tone and you got the perfect recepy for pain and inflammation.
The problem with tendonitis is that we tend to cure the sintom, the pain, rather the the causes that 90% of the time are realated to tensions and restriction of the surrounding structures.
Physiotherapy is the only way to properly address the issue since a good therapist will help to stop the pain but also effectively fight the causes of it.
As soon as i can i will make a video tutotial with a basic exercice regime to help prevent the onset of pain and inflammation and also few tips on how to deal with it when it happen (acute phase) and when the bastard wont go away (chronic pain).
In any case, keep in mind that those are general guidelines, every case has to be treated as unique since the causes of the same pain can be really different.
In general whatever activity you do, your body will adapt to it so to prevent injouries you have to workout to decompensate those changes and that will be the idea behind my guidelines :slight_smile:
may never come the day i ask the favor back Gumpa!:smiley:

2 Likes

I did not forget folks!! Be patient and excuse my delay​:metal::sunglasses::metal:
Cheers
Claudio

After trying a thicker neck guitar for 2 weeks my pain is almost gone. Never thougt that this could have such a big impact. So never ever a super Wizard neck. Keep in mind to check this out if you experience problems with your wrist. I struggeled more than a year…

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing @captkeep ‘s stretching exercises! :+1::pray:
In the meantime, here’ s a tip that my previous guitar teacher had given me when I was learning Flamenco techniques…

Use Arnica oil.
It’s still something that I do after strenuous practice sessions. As a right handed guitar player, these are the areas where I apply the oil :

-On the left arm (biceps, inner and outer part of the forearm). And also the hand depending on how much it hurts… Personally, I tend to be more cramped up on the inner forearm and biceps especially but… It depends on each morphology.

-On the right shoulder and arm (I really insist on the shoulder which covers a wider area than you might think… Then the muscles that link the biceps to the forearm, that’s a part that needs it a lot especially when doing alternate picking. Then a bit on the forearm but not as much as on the left arm, and around the wrist and the thumb muscles)
-The back (the parts that you can reach lol😅… I usually feel pain on the right side of my lower back and… If your wife or partner or anyone willing to do it can put some oil on the upper part of your back, especially between the lower part of the shoulder and the back of the neck, then that’s great! If not… It’s still good enough to have put some on the parts that I mentioned previously).

Obviously, this helps cure the symptoms but as @captkeep said, it’s better to focus on the causes and try to avoid the tensions when possible. Which is something that… I sure know is easier said than done :laughing:

1 Like

Finished all the shooting for the video, now in the next couple of weeks i will try to upload the complete video my friends! Hold on :metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

Hello guys here you have it, hope you enjoyed it!!!

2 Likes