Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

:joy: I’ll post the link to it!
https://bit.ly/2UyDwJq

1 Like

Hi!My name is Suri and I’m from Macau.
I’m 29 years old.I started to play guitar at 7 years ago.I love melodic death metal,heavy metal and thrash metal. I joined kiko’s course and hope it can improve my guitar skills.Kiko is a great player!Stay Metal \m/!

5 Likes

Thank you.
I’m really happy to be here and to be able to chat with other musicians :blush:

2 Likes

Hi i’m Franco from Italy
45 years old and i love rock, prog and heavy music. I play also every kind of music ( jazz, blues, pop etc) in the Italian Navy Band.
I play a bunch of guitars, but most of all are Ibanez. In the last year i’m playing live through the Axe Fx III but i keep analog amps and pedals when recording at home.
So looking forward to share experiences and music.

Franco

4 Likes

Hi all,
I’m Laura, I’m from Italy and I live in Milan, and I’m a very beginner in guitar playing, I think I’m the rookie of this community and I feel a little bit intimidated :blush:
I’ve started to play and study guitar on last November, so I’m using only a few lessons in this course, basically fundamental and musical excercises of alternate picking at the moment, but they’re really useful because they help me to set a a solid daily routine, especially because I can spend only one hour, two tops in a day in playing.
My favourite music is metal, about all genres, but I listen also to classical jazz and sometimes classical music.
I have only an old guitar, an Ibanez RG550 (as for now… :innocent:).
I’m really happy to be part of this awesome community :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Ciao Laura
benvenuta!

2 Likes

HI Fellow guitar hacks!!

My name is Steve Kennedy, I’m 49 years old and have been playing guitar for 30 years.
I play CS Jackson USA soloist and ESP Gus G Nt models Taylor 614 CE
VHT 2/90/2 AXE FX ultra 2 x1960 A marshall cabs
Blackstar Blackfire 200

I enjoy playing rock and metal as I get older I’m really enjoying playing slower with more melody

Trivia I joined GH but haven’t really had the time to go through the whole course
the KL GXP was great, save your cash and do the next one.

I can shred but I am slowing down because as Kiko would say it’s not really fun unless
there is a good melody under it!!

see you all soon..Steve
6 Likes

Hi y’all

Doug Leoni, Toronto, Canada. (I’m sorry, whats that all aboot?) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Canadian jokes provided for free

I am starting my musical trek over again, GuitarHacks is my dojo, Sensai Kiko my master.

Love Heavy Rock, Blues and Jazz

Gear I have, '05 RG2550z, '19 Les Paul Studio and my AC4TV Vox amp. Although most of my playing is through my Scarlett 2i2 audio interface.

Some trivia; I have held many different jobs in the film industry, you may have even watched me on TV and not even known it!

Anyway, enough about me. Glad to be apart of this great and inspiring community.

Cheers,

Doug

5 Likes

Hello! My name is Stig. I’m based in the north east of England, where my wife and I home-educate our 8-year-old son.

I discovered Kiko recently while spending more time on YouTube than normal. He comes across as a genuinely fun & warm person who loves music and wants to share it with others. This is what motivated me to join this community.

I’ve owned various guitars for over 27 years, but only discovered the difference between playing and practice a couple years ago, when I worked through Justin Sandercoe’s beginner course. I now try to fit in 30-60 minutes of practice every day, but it’s often a challenge!

I play mainly at home for my own pleasure, but I want to try jamming with others. I would love to play for an audience one day, but I am not ready yet: I’m not able to play songs consistently without mistakes.

Musical tastes:
I listen to mainly rock & gothic / symphonic metal, but I also like classical, jazz, and even some pop. My favourite band for the last few years have been Epica. I’ve managed to pass this on to my 8-year-old, who particularly loves their song Crimson Bow and Arrow.

AC/DC was my thing as a kid, and they still have a place in my heart. Not least because I can actually play along to some of their songs on a good day!

Gear:
I have two guitars: my electric is this Indie Fleur-de-Lys Honey (pictured) that I found used in a local guitar store. My other guitar is a Faith Legacy Earth acoustic. I love them both and use each daily.

My amp is a Yamaha THR 10, which is perfect for home use and means my practice can be family- and neighbour friendly.

I have 3 pedals:

• a boss looper
  • a pitch fork, ostensibly to be able to add bass lines to the loops
  • a tube screamer mini, to help the lead “punch through” the backing track when using the looper
8 Likes

Hi Guys! :slight_smile:

I’m Mark from the Philippines.
My gears. are Ibanez Prestige AZ2402-TFF and a Zoom G5N.

My favorite music is Progressive Metal, Blues, and Alternative.

I have improved a lot since I start watching Kiko’s videos.
I’m very happy to be a part of this guitar hacks community.

Stay Safe and God Bless!

5 Likes

Hey hackers! My name is Matt and live in AZ.

Metal and rock are the genres I spend the most time in. I also spend a fair amount of time listening to Latin music (flamenco, Afro-Cuban, mambo, descarga, etc.) and some select electronic.

I have always developed the strongest affinity for albums. Singles are fun, but of short duration. Creating playlists isn’t my thing. Artists sometimes go in a direction that doesn’t align with your preferences (or sometimes your preferences change and newer content doesn’t have the advantage of nostalgia).

Here are some of my all-time favorite albums (those which I keep coming back to again and again). The list got too long, so I only kept things I’ve listened to recently and limited to one album from a given artist.

• 3 - The Ghost You Gave to Me
  • AC/DC - T.N.T. (Australia)
  • All That Remains - The Order of Things
  • Angra - Temple of Shadows
  • Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
  • Cachao - Master Sessions Volumes I & II
  • Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I’m Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness
  • Compay Segundo - Duets
  • Daft Punk - Tron: Legacy (soundtrack)
  • Danzig - Danzig
  • Dio - The Very Beast of Dio
  • Kiko Loureiro - No Gravity
  • Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies
  • Megadeth - Dystopia
  • Metallica - Ride the Lightning
  • Paco Peña - Flamenco Master
  • Pepper - No Shame
  • Rammstein - Herzeleid
  • Shadows Fall - Threads of Life

My 3 favorite pieces gear:

• Caparison TAT Special FX, 2015
  • Fender Malmsteen Standard Stratocaster, 1993
  • DV Mark Multiamp

Trivia time: I love Latin food! And my Colombian wife is a great cook!

Some favorites:

• Carne Asada
  • Pastelón
  • Pechuga Empanizada
  • Polla a la Plancha
  • Polla a la Brasa
  • Salsa Criolla
  • Tostones

This is gonna be epic!

5 Likes

It’s great to be here!

My name is Michael and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I’m 50 years old and started playing guitar a few months before I turned 49. I play left handed. I’m married and have two children who are thoroughly unimpressed with my guitar playing.

I enjoy metal, hard rock, classic rock, punk, pop, blues and jazz, although I am not knowledgeable in most of them. I just know what I like when I hear it.

My favorite thing about playing guitar is how free my mind is when I play. No stress. No worry. Just happiness and focus on what I’m learning.

My guitar is a Yamaha Pacifica (inexpensive, sounds good, stays in tune). I use NYXL 8’s. My amp is a Katana 50. Audio interface is an Axe I/O. I use a lot of software too. Bias AMP, BiasFX, Amplitube (came free with Axe I/O) Reaper, and OBS studio to record myself practicing.

Trivia: I’m an avid short course age-group triathlete and really enjoy the discipline, training and competition.

7 Likes

Welcome Laura we are glad to have you! :blush:

Welcome Steve glad to have you!

Welcome Doug glad to have you!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m glad to be one of you hackers! :slight_smile:

I’m Nils from southern Germany.

I’m a professional musician and music teacher.

I started playing guitar at age 12.
I played in several local bands, sang, played bass and drums and also wrote my first songs.
At the age of 16 I started to give lessons, later also workshops.

At the same time I started first recording sessions of local bands and later also for my solo project in which I recorded the self-written songs that didn’t fit into any of my bands.

To cut a long story short: I had a lot of besides-jobs to be able to afford good equipment. Corona (partly thankfully) made me quit my last one, so I’m finally going for music full-time now!

In 2018 I released my first solo album, called “First Eight”. If you would like to listen to it, it would make me happy! I put a lot of work in it, played every instrument myself (It’s on Spotify iTunes etc., search for “Nils Rocks”).

Now I hope to improve myself, which of course is a never ending process. Motivation is the key!
I’ve seen a lot of great posts here and wish everyone the best to reach her or his goal!

Yours, Nils

PS: Oh yes, I forgot: I mostly play Ibanez and Fender, Marshall and Kemper. I love to improvise solos!

5 Likes

Hello everyone , I am sayan from kolkata , india. I am 32 years old .I have been Playing The guitar since My childhood without any formal training, playing it just for fun. Due to my lack of technical skills I have always avoided playing solos and took great pride in playing some heavy riff . Now after all these years I have finally started learning the guitar the proper way . Practicing our guitar hacks routine is pretty much what I do with the guitar everyday . I am also trying to learn music theory By understanding the feeling of the chords and how they sound And can be used in a particular scale so that I can express myself and compose some songs .
Bands I listen to are Megadeth, Metallica , pantera, dream theatre, Malmsteen , symphony x ,avenged sevenfold , lamb of god .
Some other bands that I have grown up listening too are Pink Floyd, GNR, scorpions, Van Halen .
My Main Gears includes an ibanez RG3550mz, Roland cube 40xl paired with Friedman BE-OD deluxe, JHS bonsai, Morley mini volume and NS-2.i also bought a peavey 6505+112 but use it for my home only ( too heavy to carry anywhere.)
I recently joined a metal band and we play lots of Megadeth, Metallica , Pantera.
I don’t get too much time to practice however I try to take that 1 hr out to go through the guitar hacks program. Currently I am working on improving my alternate picking . Guitar hacks has helped me improve my technique and I am much more confident now . I would like to be consistent with my practice and have something valuable to share with you guys . Thank you kiko for providing us the opportunity to learn from the best . Thank you guys . Stay safe . :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi Kolkata! Welcome to the forum, I am happy that Guitar Hacks helped you improve your technique and become more confident,
Looking forward to your videos :innocent:
Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks Giorgio . I really appreciate the work you are doing for guitar hacks. It’s an honor to learn from kiko and all of you . Cheers .

4 Likes

Hello there!

My name is Aram, I’m from Mexico but right now I’m living in Sweden.

I’m 35 years old and I’ve been playing guitar since I was 15.

I’ve played in many different kinds of bands. I’ve played Ska, Reggae, Punk Rock, Metal, a little bit of Jazz/Funk and right now I play in a Drum ‘N Bass/Metal band, many times I’ve been the only guitar player. The styles of music I feel more at home with are Rock and Metal, with no particular preference.

My top 3 pieces of gear are my PRS Custom 24, my Mayones Legend V22 and my Mesa Royal Atlantic.

One thing which I have been struggling with since the begining is not having discipline. My practice sessions always tended to be pretty disorganized, specially because of me feeling so overwhelmed trying to choose what to practice, also I should include I’m a very disperse person. My attention goes from A to Z pretty easily.

Every time I watch a great guitar player it kind of makes me feel I’m just not good enough.

Since I saw Kiko in Coffee With Ola and his approach to practicing, I decided it was about time for me to start pushing myself to have a proper schedule and structure so I can really improve as a musician. Hence why I’m here :slightly_smiling_face: .

Sadly a month ago I started experiencing joint pain in two of my fingers after playing for around 5 hrs, so I’m seeing the doctor next week.

But I still practice diligently, I try to do it as cleanly and comfortable as I can.

Right now I’m not following any of Kiko’s excercises since there are some particular licks I need to develop for some of my bands songs, but I do use his structure and I have been hearing and feeling the improvements.

For some reason I tend to compose solos which I’m still unable to play properly…

As soon as that gets cleared I’ll start from the beginning with the course.

Thank you all for reading!

Rock on!

5 Likes