Private Live with Kiko on Jan 22nd 2022

Hello Kiko,
I’m following “Complete Guitar Workout Strategy” for more that one year now, I record myself every day and I can see the difference it is awesome, and now I can play for one hour every day before going to bed and never feel bored, but I also do feel that I’m playing the same stuff every day, I tried to incorporate new tabs from bands I like to extend my abilities and it kinda works, do you have a better advise for me to avoid playing same stuff ?
thank you and best regards
Seb

2 Likes

Hi Kiko!
Thankyou for sharing your knowledge and taking the time to do so.
It is always interesting for me to know how the best guitarists did their workout when they were at the beginning of their careers. How long per day did you train, what was your daily / weekly routine, and what were the things you did include in your routine? And maybe tell us a bit what was your drive for such a goal? I understand that this is a big topic, but just a general sight to “scratch the surface”.
Apologies if this is already covered topic by you.

Thanks
Kristaps

Ah, that’s a great one, I hope it makes it to the live! I was/am in the same boat, though lately I’ve gained enough confidence thanks to the method to “stray away” from the provided licks and excercises and make up my own or pick something from music that I like. For example the intro riff to the Revocation song “Witch Trials” is a great 2 notes per string alternate picking excercise and I started to do that for one of the 4 musical excercise. It’s fast, has string skipping and has to be super precise to sound right.

Really curious what advice Kiko has regarding this matter!

1 Like

Could you please post sheet music for your masterpiece Conquer…or Die!?

Hi Kiko, I’d like to song analysing and using of modes. Sometimes I just mess it up

Hi Kiko ,Wat would be your approach to solo over a group of dominant 7th chords, like E7-C7-A7-F7.
Thanks!!

Nils

Thanks for your message nexion218, I’ll check Dave Davidson’s lesson about this Revocation song, the solo sounds good, I’ll play it slower for sure, but a good one to learn, thanks.

1 Like

Hi Kiko,

Perhaps you could guide us a bit through your compositional process? How you build a song. Your compositions are sometimes so complex I wonder how you get from a blank sheet to such sophisticated melodies.

Thanks,
Razvan

Hello Guitar Hackers, the zoom link has been sent via email and you can also find it on this page:

Cheers, see you all soon!

I’m still waiting to get in the zoom meeting. Could you please let me in? Thanks

Has it started yet? Does someone should let me in?

Glad it’s not just me. I’ve been here since a minute or two after 7 but it still says the host will let you in soon

Did you manage to get in?

No, still got the same message. Did it go ahead? What was the problem? Maybe arriving a minute or two late?

I was maybe a minute late…. Perhaps a limit on numbers?
Oh well extra practice time :grinning:

Here you go :slight_smile:

1 Like

awesome thanks mate !

I waited also but couldn’t get into the zoom. Will it be available to view later on the site?

Thanks!

1 Like

Also was not able to watch video on zoom. Said it was an invalid address ID

Hi Giorgio, will the reply be made available for us whom missed the live? Thanks

3 Likes