Private Live with Kiko on August 20

Harmony and chord concepts would allow more flexibility in Kiko’s guitar practice guidelines. I often struggle with the “play what you practiced but musically”. How to apply the modes with harmony rather than just a pedal? Even if it is simple harmony.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the instruction. Im making progress on the intervals, notes and patterns. I was wondering on extended chords like 6th, 7th, 9th, 13th, etc, is 1, 3, 5 intervals still home base? Or would accenting the 9th for example be solid as well. Gonna try it in a few.

3 Likes

Proper left and right hand muting techniques, I fumble with this a lot.

1 Like

What I love about metal is how well it receives other styles of music. You can really hear Kiko’s Brazilian jazz influence on a lot of his stuff; check out Angra’s “Hunters and Prey” for a really great example of that.

I think it’s good to explore other styles of music, however, you shouldn’t feel pressured to. Some music can be really painful to listen to, like country. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I noticed it in the percussion bit in the intro of Running with the Bulls from the new album. And agreed on country… :smiley:
This guy makes a blend of it which is quite listenable though:

To my ears it’s also a good example of what Kiko said in one of the lives: Americans make sad songs by writing happy music. :D:D:D

2 Likes

The live session coming soon, I’d love to know where the link will be published :slight_smile:
I just want to make sure I don’t miss it!

Thank you!

Would be great if he create more examples like he did in this video: https://youtu.be/mpOnNXjy1kc
Perhaps even examples for individual modes using the above video as a template.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’d like to see Kiko using some of his songs as examples for the modes. Maybe breakdown some of the choices he’s made on a certain example and how he approaches building solos on top of a given harmony. Thanks!

1 Like

What is the highlight of you career and the what is the most memorable event or concert that you have taken part in or even a person you have met through your music.

I’d love some clarification of when I should use each mode over what chord progression and the feeling of each mode. Even if it was in the form of emoji. For example: Ionian :smiley:. Dorian :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… and so on…

How long do I have access to these lessons? It’s going to take me some time to replace CAGED with the seven modal patterns! Thanks.

Hi @no3rdseat, you have unlimited access to the lessons!

1 Like

Hi Giorgio, did I miss the link again? No mail yet…

1 Like

Hi Guitar Hackers, check your mailbox or the live page for the link, we’re going live in 5 minutes!

The email was sent late, did you get it?

Not yet…

Nothing just yet on my mail box. I used the link on the live page.

Yep, the link is here: https://www.guitarhacks.com/course/august-20-2020/

Email has just arrived.

Thanks, we were a bit late to send today :slight_smile: