Dmaj7 Arpeggio Improv Fragment

Wrote this tonight during the out-of-the-box phase. Sounds cool to me, so I recorded this recreation of the phrase to share with the community.

This was influenced by the maj7 arpeggio and pentatonic shapes practiced during two-notes-per-string lessons. And somewhat by the sharp fourth arpeggio found in “Morning Star” by Angra.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing, that could actually be a cool exercise.
I might make a tab for it,

1 Like

Yay! Markdown code blocks are supported!

e|------------------9-10-9---------9-10-9----------------------------
B|-------------7-10--------10-7-10--------10-7-----------------------
G|---------6-7---------------------------------7-6-------------------
D|-----4-7-----------------------------------------9-7-9-7-----------
A|-4-5-----------------------------------------------------9-7-9-7-9-
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Like

And here is the arpeggio from the “Morning Star” solo (the first note is actually either /6 or \6 depending on if it’s the first or second time this arpeggio is played). I sometimes use this for a two-notes-per-string musical exercise.

e|-----------------------------------------12-13-12------------------------------8-13-
B|-----------------------------------11-15----------15-11-------------------8-10------
G|---------------9-10-9---------9-10----------------------10-9---------9-10-----------
D|----------8-12--------12-8-12--------------------------------12-8-12----------------
A|------7-8---------------------------------------------------------------------------
E|-6-10-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally tabbed from Kiko’s playing in this video:

Yeah!! Great! Try other variations D7 Dm7 … Other keys… maybe a chord progression. Keep going!