Community Getting Started Guide

Welcome to the Guitar Hacks Community!

Many of you have shared how much you would like to see a full Guitar Hacks community. So we decide to set up our own “Hackers” community. This is where members can share ideas, techniques, gear recommendations, hacks, and more.

Follow these three steps to get up and running:

Step 1: You’re more than just a silhouette. If you haven’t already, upload your profile picture here: Login » Guitar Hacks .

Step 2: Go to the Student Discussion topic and introduce yourself.
Click here and let’s get to know you!

Step 3: Join the discussion.Talk about your favorite piece of gear, who you’re listening to, or better yet, upload a video of your playing in the Show and Tell thread!

Questions? Just reply to this topic and we will do our best to help.

Enjoy!

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hi, my nome is Matteo, i’m from italy and i’m 35 years old. My favorite guitar is prs custom and a gibson les paul. My favorite music is metal and my favorite guitarist are, Randy Rhoads, Van Halen, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Nuno Bettencourt and Kiko Loureiro. I love vero technical style, i don’t have a favorite technique, i love everything about the guitar.

7 Likes

Hi there!
John here, originally from Scotland but now live in the South of England.
Took up the guitar about 7 months ago during the lockdown. Don’t know why I never done it sooner, it’s now like my therapy, not that I need therapy…yet!

Looking forward to reading through posts on here and learning from you all!

Take it easy and keep safe.

John :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

Hi my name is Rivers. I am 12 years old. My favourite types of music are blues, funk, soul, reggae and hip hop. However, my overall favourite genre has to be metal.
I play a fender squire supersonic. My favourite guitar players are dimebag darrell, Tony iommi, randy roads, Eddie van halen and kiko loureiro.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, I’m Morgan. I’m a 49 year old late beginner (for the last 34 years :slightly_smiling_face: ). I saw Kiko at an Ibanez show in Singapore a year or two ago, and I really enjoyed it! I have been having issues improving my playing so I figured I would sign up an take some Kiko’s advice! Glad to be here!!

I own a 1970 Japanese Flamenco guitar, a few Strats, an Les Paul clone, a DIY tele, and a Epiphone Metal guitar my mother bought me for my birthday over 30 years ago. I use a Fender X2 amp and a home-assembled tweed amp. I like blues rock these days but I grew up on GunsNRoses, Bon Jovi and Joe Satriani! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi
I am from Israel. I have not played for almost 20 years
When I was 18 I played a lot
I’re back to playing now
When I got ibanez jem 7v wh 1994
And I went back to training
My guitars
IBANEZ RG550LTD 1995
IBANEZ JEM 7V WH 1994
IBANEZ SA260FM

1 Like

Hi, my name is Steve, I live in Scotland and am 40 years old. I have been a long time bass player but decided to start playing guitar both for fun and song writing purposes. I started about 6 months ago with a Ibanez GRG121DX Gio and have been enjoying playing more than I have in about 15 years.

I consider myself a beginner although playing bass for years definitely gives me a bit of a head start.

Musically I am into many kinds of music but my favs are metal, hardcore, grind, post rock. Can’t wait to get involved and improve.

1 Like

Hi everyone
my name is Tanapat i,m 28 years old. , i live in thailand and and work on durian farm in thailand
when i have free time i like to practice guitar and watching professor kiko plays and tech guitar on youtube. everyday i practice guitar 2 hours per day, and bad for english sorry about thats keep practice too
i’m good to see everyone :beers:

1 Like

Hey everyone,

This is Eric. I live in Sierra Vista, AZ. I am a late in life guitar player. I started about 3 years ago when I was 46. I’ve been progressing somewhat slowly. I have been told by guitar instructors that I am a moderate player. I just want to continue playing and progressing. Rock on