Applying what you’ve learned...the next step

I really like this course because it teaches you guitar techniques instead of just learning to play songs. This is critical IMO if you wanna grow as a musician and compose. Applying what you learned really is the final and most important step. Maybe try to create your own little musical étude that incorporates all or some of the different skills and techniques that you have learned in the course. Gonna try that myself
:love_you_gesture:t2:

3 Likes

That’s a great topic, I might post a video next week: I’ve had a solo idea in my head that I couldn’t play well enough to record. But using the learning techniques from the course, I’ve made a lot of progress and can play up to speed now.

1 Like

It’s not much but
I tried to create a simple etude incorporating my favorite exercises and techniques from the course. Sting skip arpeggios ex. Hybrid picking ex. Roots , 5ths , 2nds ex. and alternate picking exercise. I used Kikos Dm Gm F A progression.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for sharing! Did you play to a metronome?

1 Like

Funny you mention the metronome Giorgio. I didn’t use it for the etude but I should have since Kiko stresses using it in the course. Maybe I’ll record it again with a metronome. That is what Kiko would recommend I’m sure.!:grinning:

Thank you for encouraging me to submit a simple recording. It helped me to reflect on and organize what I learned . Then apply and create with it…kind of like a school project lol!:grinning:

1 Like

Hey hey, I could notice some slowdown on difficult passages and acceleration on others so that’s why I asked :innocent:

I think it would be cool to pick a key/mode and get a backing track and do some form of a collaboration with everyone.

1 Like

Good idea @theherd , let me ask Kiko for a backing track,

1 Like